Lt. Commander
Ok so you've taken the specializations out with this release, which from what I'm seeing is not working out well.

I just got a mission for a level 4 diagnostic on the primary weapon coils calls for a Damage control engineer and a Diagnostic Engineer I plug my Green Damage Control Engineer in, things are NOT good, the Critical success chance goes DOWN 3 full percent while the failure rate only drops 1 percent. The success rate does go up by some 10% but the fact I'm LOSING base Critical success rate on putting in a GREEN level officer of the right type of specialization just doesn't make sense. it got even WORSE when I put in a WHITE quality officer that was a Diagnostic Engineer.

To confound it even more, it goes up a full 4% from base when i put in a green quality Quartermaster? Something isn't working out well and just so you know unless you've got X.00 that we're not seeing the percents don't add up fully and vary by about 2% at times.

Edit it got even WORSE when i put in a deflector officer and a quarter master, my Critical success rate is now at 14% from a base of 8, without ANY specializations

the Doff system is now plug any green in you want as long as you can maximize your chance for a decent reward.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I noticed on a Medical "Quarenteen Colony" mission that it said

Crticial: Doctor, Logical, ...

Success: Doctor, Logical

Failure: Doctor, Logical

Disaster: Dcotor, Logical ...

So basically anything that made a mission a crtical success, also made it a success, failure, disatser....

Something really borked with the doff system now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for finding this, guys.

Just finished fixing it internally. Let me know if you come across any others like this.
Lt. Commander
# 4 more oddness
10-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I also started some DOFF missions, and noticed that the attribute icons of the officer, in the top left (FF, Diplomat, Stubborn, etc...) ALL turned green no matter what the requirements for the mission were. The Critical Success, Success, Failure and Disaster lists did not light up for attributes the DOFF did not have, but all of the icons for DOFF attributes turned green as if they would help the success of the mission. I have not yet figured out if they are actually helping the success of the mission yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwain
I also started some DOFF missions, and noticed that the attribute icons of the officer, in the top left (FF, Diplomat, Stubborn, etc...) ALL turned green no matter what the requirements for the mission were. The Critical Success, Success, Failure and Disaster lists did not light up for attributes the DOFF did not have, but all of the icons for DOFF attributes turned green as if they would help the success of the mission. I have not yet figured out if they are actually helping the success of the mission yet.
same for me, I'm off for the next 36 hours so i'll test over the weekend see what comes up.