Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Wepons
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Hello All

It Starfllet Is At War, Would It Not Make Sense That Their Crusiors Could Equipet Dual Phasers Banks In The Aft Sections ? not just the Fore Sections. Heck Even Battle Wagons Of WW2 Mutiple Turnable Deck Guns And A.A. Guns. And Speaking Of Guns. Why Could You Not Equipt Cannons On Crusiors.

Just A Thought , Any Feedback Would Be Apprciated.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I have been asking for rear mounted Dual Beam Banks and single barrel cannons for a while, now.

MAKE IT SO DEVS!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

Wait... isn't this Cruisers Online?


Where's the sense in using weapons with 90 arcs on slow moving and slow turning whales like cruisers?

Anyway that would certainly break immersion. Devs, don't do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.
All of which will be available in the c-store in the months to come!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
It's spelled "weapons", by the way.

On topic, however...

I would never bother wasting time with 90 degree fire arc weapons on my rear. That's why Eject Warp Plasma's in the game.

WTB T6 Dreadnought with dual spinal lance, cloak, antimatter spread, 25 base turn rate, and carrier flight deck NAOW pl0x.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
It's spelled "weapons", by the way.

On topic, however...

I would never bother wasting time with 90 degree fire arc weapons on my rear. That's why Eject Warp Plasma's in the game.

WTB T6 Dreadnought with dual spinal lance, cloak, antimatter spread, 25 base turn rate, and carrier flight deck NAOW pl0x.
Except that in ever PvP match where someone tried hitting me with warp plasma when I tail them, I veer off, double back(You go left, I turn right and wheel around almost on a dime), and am still on their tail, and they just wasted that skill. With its short duration, I RARELY get hit by it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

Wait... isn't this Cruisers Online?


Where's the sense in using weapons with 90 arcs on slow moving and slow turning whales like cruisers?

Anyway that would certainly break immersion. Devs, don't do it.
I don't know about you, but I am perfectly satisfied when my cruiser running a 17.5-22.5 degree turn rate. Plus cruisers have been characterized as "8 beam broadside", with fore and aft 90 degree arcs, that would sure change things.

My point of view is, if I could, I would mount a D.B.B. or two in the aft , and have only two beam arrays in the back. This would do much to take away from some of the negative reputation to cruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Yeah, better turnrate, more hull, better shields would be great, too. And more BO slots of course.

Wait... isn't this Cruisers Online?


Where's the sense in using weapons with 90 arcs on slow moving and slow turning whales like cruisers?

Anyway that would certainly break immersion. Devs, don't do it.
Listen to what this man says.

Some things (well not all things, but we know about those :p) have been implemented for a reason. But if you want to have Cruisers Online we can make u have BoP turn rate and equip DHC on your cruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic670
Hello All

It Starfllet Is At War, Would It Not Make Sense That Their Crusiors Could Equipet Dual Phasers Banks In The Aft Sections ? not just the Fore Sections. Heck Even Battle Wagons Of WW2 Mutiple Turnable Deck Guns And A.A. Guns. And Speaking Of Guns. Why Could You Not Equipt Cannons On Crusiors.

Just A Thought , Any Feedback Would Be Apprciated.

Weeeeelll the Constitution Class Defiant (Which was waaaay better than the Misshapen Brick of a Battle Runabout from DS9) from In a Mirror Darkly had Rear facing Dual banks so this could be plausible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-02-2011, 01:17 PM
If you set your ship up correctly you don't need dual phaser's or cannons on crusiers.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 AM.