Lt. Commander
I have a complex idea for a complete overhaul of the crafting if you want to click this link.

And as wonderful as that above idea may be (please visit and post your feedback) it is simply too complex for Cryptic to build in time for F2P. The real problem is where they simply slapped dilithium on top of existing crafting prices, this is offensive and unacceptable.

Here is a positive and simple to implement use for dilithium in crafting that I want to see how it goes over....

1) Determine a dilithium value for rare particle traces to use in setting equipment prices.
2) For special items requiring rare particle traces include the option to EITHER pay in rare particle traces OR in dilithium.

Reason: The amount of rare particle traces in high level items can take hours or sometimes even days to grind. The new proposal allows players to grind other sorts of missions that reward dilithium to craft with instead of endless runs through the same tired set of B'Tran missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I support this. It can be a "money" sink, or a time sink (and time = money!).
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
This is a good interim fix until they can do your, or a combination of multiple other's, more complex implementation.

Crafting should be as much fun as the Doff system, not just a way to grind out gear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I've posted to the Priority One podcast in their game ideas section.