Lt. Commander
# 1 racial traits
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Haven't seen this one brought up in a while so what the heck..

Why haven't we seen racial trait respec's yet? It was alluded to over a year ago in an engineering report.

You will make literally thousands of players very happy if you would C-store it, please!

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2011, 05:45 PM
we've been posting about it recently in this thread
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=239492
Lt. Commander
# 3 More Recent
11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Been Posting in this 1 more recently

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=227659

The main points I make are about some Species being forced to take traits that everyone can choose, making them worse than Alien.

My thread kept getting bumped down by people complaining or posting in the wrong forum though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
There is a large problem with them mucking about with Traits, which might be why they've done nothing. In terms of balance, Crossfire made all defensive ground traits nearly worthless. Simultaneously, Crossfire made all aggressive oriented ground traits far more significant. Now, consider that the entire skill system is getting flipped on is head... I have a feeling the reason Cryptic hasn't done anything with traits is because their game balance needs to be completely reviewed. So much is either in flux or has already changed, that its hard to adjust to that moving target. Personally, I'd like to see a deeper system behind the Traits as well, and I've posted about it in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I agree with this 100%. I always felt that many races are being personified in a way that doesn't make sense with the way the TV series made them.

For example, I always thought Vulcans and Saurians should have Efficient right off the bat. Ferengi should have something that increases income (as they are greedy little buggers lol).

And yet there are some species that are represented quite well, thus making more sense to play as... examples of this include the Joined Trill, Humans, and Klingons.

Regardless, I'm happy with my alien character.

Oh, and something on my wishlist. A character that is akin to Q's race (whatever he is). Sure it won't happen, but a man can dream!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Can we ad "Well Endowed" to the racial traits?

GROUND TRAIT: An activatable power that confuses and exposes female NPCs.

/I joke.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2011, 11:10 AM
I wish we could get some confirmation on this...

I have a character that has 646 days as of this writing and consequently nearly 350,000 dilithium and 60,000 ore on tribble that I really don't WANT to re-create so I can fix the traits that I had no idea the workings of when I first created him, but I will if it's never going to happen.

In fact, the entire reason I have not done so yet was the glimmer of hope that was given us by the engineering report I referred to in the OP...