Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
i am a tactical officer. It is telling me on Tribble server than I cannot purchase the Exeter Refit? I have enough cryptic points and i am high enough in level to get the ship. Is cryptic/ PW not allowing Tacs to fly cruisers now??? My Va Engineer toon can buy the Exeter no problem. i don't understand. Can anyone shed some light on this???
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-07-2011, 06:08 AM
I was able to get the Dreadnought just fine on Tribble as a Tac. I imagine that shouldn't be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Do you have a spare ship slot? When your ship slots are full it doesnt allow you to buy new ships and the error message isn't that clear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I had the same error as a tac officer, and could see no reason for it. I had empty slots, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I had the same error as a tac officer, and could see no reason for it. I had empty slots, etc.
I do have to admit, I will be ****ED if when F2P goes live, Cryptic forbids Tacs from flying Cruisers.

That'd be enough for me to walk away from the game permanently.

If I want to fly a dreadnought, I should be permitted to. If I want to fly a damn shuttle, I should be permitted to.

The moment that is limited, is the moment I can forsee the game going heavily downhill for those of us who enjoy customization in MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
I do have to admit, I will be ****ED if when F2P goes live, Cryptic forbids Tacs from flying Cruisers.
Not sure why you think this. I leveled up a fed and klink on tribble, both tac, and the fed has been flying cruisers the whole time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pococurante
Not sure why you think this. I leveled up a fed and klink on tribble, both tac, and the fed has been flying cruisers the whole time.
Because wild speculation and unsubstantiated rumors power 'teh Intarwebs'.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
Do you have a spare ship slot? When your ship slots are full it doesnt allow you to buy new ships and the error message isn't that clear.
It says I have 1 of 2 ship slots remaining, so I have the room for it.

Here's something interesting....I bought the Exeter with my Engineer, and my Tac was unable to use the ship when I logged back in... now that's odd!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I have a tac using a cruiser on the kdf side, so it's not a general restriction. I suspect it's a whacky bug.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-07-2011, 02:56 PM
What rank is this Tac officer? I ask because you said you have two ship slots, I thought you should have more if you're Lt. Cmdr. I assume you have to have the rank to match the ship to purchase and use it, so if you're not a Lt. Cmdr yet, that would explain it.