Lt. Commander
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111030a.4

Duty Officer:
  • New Duty officer assignment math is now in place, this should resolve the issue with duty officer slotting not affecting outcome chance.
  • Diplomacy XP has been rescaled to be consistent with the other commendation categories.
    • Your tier should not have changed; all Diplomacy assignments should now be using the new scale.
    • To match this, most Diplomacy assignments have had their durations adjusted.
  • Modified many Colonial duty officer assignment chains to add colored text notifications of chain-specific assignments.
  • Modified rarity and duration of many assignments.
  • Fixed active roster Nurse power.
  • Reduced lockout period and data sample rewards to match for anomaly duty officer assignments.
  • Significantly modified distribution of assignments across categories to even out the types that appear.
  • Moved many Marauding assignments to other categories.
  • Commodities now can stack to 250 units from 99.
  • Assemble Turret engineering assignments are now less prone to failure.
  • Changed Espionage Tier III title from "Operative" to "Saboteur".
  • Increased rarity of bridge officer recruitment assignments.
  • Removed the commodity requirements for Reinforce military assignments.
  • Fixed bad slotting issue with Establish Trade Route assignments.
  • Duty officer specialization "Technician" displays now as "Technician" and not "Technician Engineer".
  • Reduced proc chance for Warp Core Engineer active roster power.
  • Fixed issue with Development commendation category not tiering up properly at Tier I.
  • This particular fix is not retroactive. Fixed slotting issue with "Perform Rite of Ascension" assignment
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Good stuff. Thanks for not making us wait until Thursday or Friday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2011, 11:00 AM
did you fix the fire all weapon buttons being greyed out in combat? is that coming soon. i know that is bugging people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
did you fix the fire all weapon buttons being greyed out in combat? is that coming soon. i know that is bugging people.
AFAIK, this only affects some people (I, for one, don't have this bug; all my weapon buttons work fine). So it could be that devs are trying figure out how to reproduce the circumstances causing the bug in order to fix it...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Anything about being able to access colonists for drop-of missions?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
Whoa whoa whoa... if I'm reading that right, diplomacy is now primarily only obtainable through DOff missions unless the DXP gain from regular missions has also been scaled, and marauding is now even more difficult to obtain than before? If the DXP rewards for regular missions were also scaled, then this still seems wildly unfair to KDF players. If it wasn't, then DXP from regular missions for Feds is all but worthless. Am I missing something?
Diplomacy missions will be getting rescaled as well. I think a quickie rescaling was put in this build, but a more thorough pass is in the pipeline.

Also in the pipeline is adding Marauding CXP to some existing missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Why were the recruitment mission made rarer?

I been playing a few days now with the doff system and I only seen 2 of them. Is this another prompt to buy c store doffs?
Over the entire game, we are reining back how common new bridge officers are; this is just a reflection of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
Anything about being able to access colonists for drop-of missions?
We couldn't get the colonist/prisoner fix in for this build. It will be in the next build, however.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Mine are not grayed out anymore, but they are still not working.

It's annoying to have to try and use the SPACE bar all the time now....

That's just not my play style... I like using the mouse to click on the fire buttons.

I guess Their forcing me to learn to use both hands on the keyboard...

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>

I'm finding out with STO that I really don't adapt well to change...
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
So still no fix for the weapons buttons....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM
so i still cant do missions then. cause pressing space bar or even doing anyhting like binding the fire weapons to a dif key still doesnt make them work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Mine are not grayed out anymore, but they are still not working.

It's annoying to have to try and use the SPACE bar all the time now....

That's just not my play style... I like using the mouse to click on the fire buttons.

I guess Their forcing me to learn to use both hands on the keyboard...

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>

I'm finding out with STO that I really don't adapt well to change...
If you right click the weapons icons, they will highlight green for autofire. You'll only need to hit the spacebar once per battle to start shooting and keep it going.