Lt. Commander
Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series? I don't know and I'm not trying to start rumors, but that would be so cool!

Cannon characters are awesome highlights in the game ! Except for Worf lol

Voice overs by any of the ds9 cast in the upcoming featured series would be awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.parsons
Will Sisko return in the upcoming Featured Series? I don't know and I'm not trying to start rumors, but that would be so cool!

Cannon characters are awesome highlights in the game ! Except for Worf lol

Voice overs by any of the ds9 cast in the upcoming featured series would be awesome!
I wouldn't bet on it.

Two problems:

1. Likeness and costs of employing Avery Brooks and Co. to achieve this would be prohibitively high (based on previous speculation about Data and the Enterprise)

2. CBS oversight it such that I doubt they would approve such a radical change to the "DS9 Status Quo"
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I wouldn't bet on it.

Two problems:

1. Likeness and costs of employing Avery Brooks and Co. to achieve this would be prohibitively high (based on previous speculation about Data and the Enterprise)

2. CBS oversight it such that I doubt they would approve such a radical change to the "DS9 Status Quo"
He has a history on signing off on his likeness and isn't interested in reprising the role generally. He signed off on Infinite Space to use his face without playing Sisko there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
i cant see it myself, but i would mark out like a kid if sisko appeared and fully voiced.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
none of the trek actors excluding spock/nimoy has been mentioned beyond the rank or name in passing, why bother starting now?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
none of the trek actors excluding spock/nimoy has been mentioned beyond the rank or name in passing, why bother starting now?
Because PW may sink some money into the F2P launch window that might make this a unique opportunity for it? Because CBS might be more open to it if this a free access platform that they can use to draw attention to their share of the IP?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2011, 01:26 AM
getting voice actors is expensive and getting star trek voice actors may be so expensive that its just not worth doing, but if they started pulling in some big names like patrick stewart, avery brooks, tim russ etc i think that alone would be enough to attract people who might be on the fence.

it largely comes down to is it cost effective. i would say with the right actor and the right marketing it could be, but im not going to get my hopes up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
He has a history on signing off on his likeness and isn't interested in reprising the role generally. He signed off on Infinite Space to use his face without playing Sisko there.
I believe the opposite may have been the case for the ST Dominion Wars game. I don't have more info though. But it certainly wasn't he likeness or voice as opposed to other characters featured.

It would be cool to have the Sisko ofc. But he would seriously overwrite all the other native game character we have.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

I believe the opposite may have been the case for the ST Dominion Wars game. I don't have more info though. But it certainly wasn't he likeness or voice as opposed to other characters featured.

It would be cool to have the Sisko ofc. But he would seriously overwrite all the other native game character we have.
Not necessarily.

I think it would be really cool to, say, have his daughter Rebecca (the one Cassidy waspregnant with in the final episode of DS9, who's been seen pretty much exclusively as a young child in the novels) as a major new character. (NOT as a Starfleet officer. Maybe have her as a Vedek in the Bajoran faith, someone a bit more interesting to run the temple on DS9 and, say, turn up as a scripted event at Quark's -- there's an idea, actually, if DS9 and Drosana had major lore NPCs show up periodically.)

Anyway, imagine Vedek Becca Sisko is praying in the temple for wisdom. We're dealing with a Vorta who, upon realizing that the Founders are not gods, has taken up worship of the Pagh Wraiths (or the Iconians) and has attacked the station with a group of quasi-mystically enhanced Jem'Hadar. So we run around the station, dealing with his minions and then discover Vedek Sisko is his real target.

We race to the temple but it's cut off. The Vorta moves to kill her in almost a perfect replay of Jadzia Dax's death and we're helpless to get inside until... Cue cinematic: the Bajoran Orb in the temple opens. Benjamin Sisko emerges, fully clothed in his DS9 uniform but otherwise Terminator style in a wormhole portal effect. He grunts, waves his hand, and knocks the Vorta back. He then gestures to the forcefield blocking our entry, which dissolves, and disappears. We have a boss fight against the Vorta while defending an injured Becca Sisko. We arrange to rush her to sickbay where she's given an emergency artificial heart and her life is saved.

I think it could be kinda interesting to have a series of "Emissary sightings" in some missions.

Heck, put us in another Prophet vision type sequence and the Prophets could be buzzing cryptically about it.

"The Sisko is not linear but the Sisko's heart has linear beats. The Sisko walks Terok Nor on the 26th hour. The Sisko is restless. The Sisko is mournful and silent and does not speak. The Sisko's heart has linear beats."

And then, almost like ghost sightings, like the ghost of Hamlet's father who walked Castle Elsinore in silence, Sisko is just seen in random places around DS9 and Bajor.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2011, 04:15 AM
So here's what I would do. I'd make him an NPC in two places on the DS9 social hub, with collision disabled.

He walks the promenade in a loop, pausing to look at the wormhole. He's sitting at his desk in ops, which has been added.

But here's where the gimmickry gets kinda cool: from any given player's perspective, he fades out if you get close to him.

Maybe have one spot in Ops where if you stand and look into his office, you see him there at his desk. Leave that spot and he can't be seen or targeted. But if you stand in that spot and salute him, you get an exploration accolade.