Lt. Commander
# 1 In-Sapce Camera
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Would someone please tell me if there's a way to smooth out the camera zoom feature in space? Is there a setting that allows me to change this and I'm just missing it?

The default camera zoom is heavily graduated and one setting feels too far away from my ship and the next closest in directly on top of it. Granted, I come from playing another internet spaceship game for years that allowed me to set my camera's distance exactly where I wanted it and I would really love to do that in this game.

Also, is there anyway to center the camera on another player controled or NPC ship? There are a ton of nice looking ships I'd like to spend a bit looking at and at present, it seems like I need to chase them down to give them a peek.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
It sounds like you are only using the Home and End keys for the zoom. Try the Page Up and Page Down keys or use the wheel on your mouse for zooming.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 07:48 PM
there is a demo-record feature that allows you to move the camera freely around the map if you want to get a closer look at anything, this is also useful for macinema.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2011, 06:42 PM
You can change the amount of zooming you do to smooth it out by going to Options / Keybinds and using/setting the keys for Zoom In/Out Slow/Medium/Fast.

I personally set my mouse scroll wheel to zoom in slowly so I can zoom in just the right amount, but to zoom out quickly.