Lt. Commander
This is the thread for all feedback for the base camp section of the Defera Borg invasion map.

Discussion points:
  • How clear are the objectives here?
  • Does the setup make sense?
  • General mission bugs.
  • General art bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
a suggestion... a bank/mailing terminal would be nice...
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaben View Post
I could have swore that's what the Comms tent was supposed to be... was dissapointed when I had to go to sector space to hail the Azura II.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post
I could have swore that's what the Comms tent was supposed to be... was dissapointed when I had to go to sector space to hail the Azura II.
you right, it looks very much like that

In the south of the base camp, it is possible to climb over the hills in to that wall separated city, there are even when the event is inactive some borg... they dont fight...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I tried to buy a mark 2 disrupter with the borg salvage id been picking up. it said it needed 7/2/2 and i had enough pieces but it would not let me buy it. when i pressed the buy button, nothing happened.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 01:33 AM
I was also shown several items that I could buy, but couldn't.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaben View Post
Also recommed vendor for ground consumables.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Originally didn't know that the NPCs gave missions, so you need to make it clear that they do when players beam in. For instance, the transporter pads being disabled until you got the mission or the event was over. And players should be notified that the NPCs give out free remodulators if they forgot to replicate prior to beaming down.

Definitely need a Banking Vendor there.

Outside of the Fractale Remodulator, everyother reward else sucks. Not worth the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 03:38 AM
There's an exploit in base camp that lets players "climb" up to the BoP and follow the invisible wall to the adjacent section of the city (the one with the repair drones and the large assimilation dodads).

It needs to be fixed since players can use it to farm for borg drops and take them back to the crafting tent by beaming back down to the map (or if a caitian, climb the rocky wall in the back very carefully). I even have a little recording of that exploit here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
On beam in...

easily found the mission (quest) givers and everything was laid out in an easy to find fashion.

Powerplant (only one we partially ran)

Started out with just two of us and we easily handled the upper level, objectives were clearly marked, keys dropped fine, the interior is clearly marked on which area is which and where the transporter was. After completing level 1, we went to level 2 and again everything was well marked, easy to figure out but then we had two more of our fleet join and we spent the remainder of the time showing them around base camp and repeating levels 1 and 2 to show them.

All in all, was pretty fun, good layout, clearly marked objectives, no bugs encountered.