Lt. Commander
Just a general question regarding the creation of characters per-account. What is the exact limitation of the amount of charatcers that can be created per account?

If a limitation exist, is it per faction? or is it account wide?

Currently there are 17 playable races available for the Federation, not including the Alien race which would make it a total of 18 if included.

On the Klingon side there are 7 playable races not including the Alien, if included, it will tally at a meager 8.

Lets say hypothetically speaking, if one wanted to make each and every type of race, including the Klingon side, it will tally at 24 character slots. Then add 4 more slots for alien fun builds, making it a whopping total of 28 slots.

Whats the current existing slot limitation? When F2P comes out will the character slots will be reduced?

I know that on STOKED it has been mentioned that ship slots have been reduced from 28 to 22 per toon, but thats a bit diiferent, since it has been linked to lag issues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I have over 35 characters, and I know people with more. I do not know the actual limit if one exists however. I'm curious however if there is one, particularly considering that it is expected we will one day have a Romulan and Dominion faction... and I'm likely to make a character for each race.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 01:33 PM
I think there is a hard cap, but I can't remember what it is. It's up above 50, closer to 100, if I remember correctly.