Lt. Commander
# 1 Touch up K7 Please
11-16-2011, 05:30 AM
K7 could be such a cool place it just needs some love.

A few ideas that I would like to touch on would not take much to do:

1. Move Commander Wildman out of the Admirals Office, remove any vendors, or assignment personnel as well.
That zone really is a waste of space, put Naomi and any of the "needed" NPC's from that zone in the Operations Area / Shipyard of K7, then get ride of that zone for now. There isnt even a Admiral on the station anymore.

2. Attach the Science Lab / Sickbay to the door that use to lead to the Admirals Office, and change the sign from Admirals Office to "Sickbay" or "Sciences Lab".
It never made sense to me why you had to go through the bar to get to the lab.

3.) Get that sick guy in quarantine off the floor, just put him in a bio bed and keep the force-field around him.

4.) Move Icheb to the same area as the War Masters, he technically gives similar missions so he should be near them and not hanging out at the bar with the doctor.

5.) The Traffic Cop that hails you to beam down is a Captain, unless he has taken command of the station away from Naomi I would suggest to make him another lower rank. The same goes for Captain Calhoun but I can live with him since he might just be on special assignment or something for the war effort.

Thats it
I think that will make the zone a lot better and more enjoyable in the long run.
I know with touch ups you most likely aren't looking to create new zones just make existing ones better so I hope this fits that requirement and I hope you consider them. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2011, 05:47 AM
if you actually read the sign... it says "ADMIN Office" not "ADMIRALS Office" so technically, there's no reason the commander of the station cannot stay in there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
if you actually read the sign... it says "ADMIN Office" not "ADMIRALS Office" so technically, there's no reason the commander of the station cannot stay in there.
...I think you need to read the sign again lol.

Here it is on Holodeck ( Click Here to view it )

And here it is on Tribble ( Click Here to view it )
Lt. Commander
# 4 still
11-16-2011, 06:20 AM
The medical area does need to be moved out of the local pub n grub......kinda silly IMO

I don't see why they just don't redo the other staion interiors to fall more in line with ESD in a set up type way.

DS9 could use a overhual anyway as the inside looks nothing like the show.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
The medical area does need to be moved out of the local pub n grub......kinda silly IMO

I don't see why they just don't redo the other staion interiors to fall more in line with ESD in a set up type way.

DS9 could use a overhual anyway as the inside looks nothing like the show.
They are working on DS9 on tribble...and ESD.

Looks like both are works in progress and we should see more progress with a new tribble patch.

For DS9 my main thing was I thought they should move the shipyard out of the Cargo bay and into the Operations area, and the Exchange/bank out of the "other' cargo bay and place it up on the observation deck. And then find a way to intergrate Quarks into the same instance like they did Admiral Quinns Office at ESD. That way you get the outside bar access seen in the show as well as the entrance from the observation deck. Next for the two Empty Cargo bays they could turn those into UGC doors for now. Then add a sick bay and a security office...I know its a long list but I love DS9 too lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I guess the Dev's are really really busy or they don't agree with my suggestion lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree. Generally, it would be nice if all fed areas got a significant graphical overhaul akin to the first city.