Lt. Commander
Well the basic suggestion is not new: A lot of us want the ground weapons to be costumizable.

The issue I see there is: I believe it needs a lot of server space if every we can save a costume on every weapon in our inventory.

But how about adding the weapons to the costume?
Every costume slot, bo and character slot, gets 3 additional settings: one for pistols, one for rifle, one for assault weapons. (best case: an additional one for a halftered pistol no matter if you really have one )

That way every rifle we use looks like the one set at the tailor ect...

Additionally, the weapons could have an enable/disable visuals-function (like the armor currently has) so if we enbable the visuals it shows the "original" weapon skin, if we disable it it shows the one set at the tailor.

Just as a little hint: Weapon skins WOULD SELL in c-store. The requests for Maco weapons or the original TNG-timeline weapons never seem to stop.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
i think this is a great idea. The combination of cosmetic changes combined with C-store potential actually makes this one of the more likely suggestions to be implemented.

Dear Devs, make it so, just don't forget that you have many much older and bigger fish to fry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2011, 12:48 PM
I would definitely be interested in this, but I can also see a potential problem. People would likely complain about breaking immersion if a phaser weapon shot antiproton rounds and would therefore request the projectile be modified as well, which would cause issues with people trying to equip resistance gear to counter on the fly in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post
I would definitely be interested in this, but I can also see a potential problem. People would likely complain about breaking immersion if a phaser weapon shot antiproton rounds and would therefore request the projectile be modified as well, which would cause issues with people trying to equip resistance gear to counter on the fly in PvP.

Well if I would be not ok with AP visuals on a phaser rifle (well... I would use AP on Phasers since they still look prety similar.. but I'd more have that Issue with Disruptors^^) ... I wouldnt use AP.
Sure poeple would WANT that... but I thing even those would rather go with may be not fitting visuals then... no way to costumize weapons at all. Like now...
Or may be the function- if ever addet... to costumize the projectiles/beams themselfes... could be deactivatet in pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Personally I would like to be able to use the compression pistole skin on a phaser that fires beams, ditto for the rifles and a phaser sniper rifle.