Lt. Commander
# 1 Upgrade ships
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Will it be possible to buy additional consoles for our ships?
To use the abilities of our Bridge crews and there training.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
its an interesting idea, and one i would like to see put into effect, giving players the ability to upgrade the entire ship as they go along. to me, it just seems to make a ship a player likes 'their own,' instead of one thats handed to you becuase its better then the previous tier. however, to give an additional slots in the eng/tac/sci, you would need to further upgrade the ships weapon slots, hull, engine, ect ect ect. it would need some kinda overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Just upgrade the BO stations.
11-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Personally, I would just be content with the ability to upgrade bridge officer stations. Look at the TOS Constitution. 3 Ensign slots across the board. I'm perfectly fine with the ship's weapons, console, and device slots remaining the same. I'm even content with the number of Bridge Officer stations remaining the same. However, I would like the ability to upgrade the bridge stations so I can have 1 Cmdr, 1 LtCmdr and 1 Lt station.

Before anyone complains, note that I do NOT have 5 bridge officer stations, only 3 thus limiting my options. And a Sovereign-class sports 4 front and 4 rear weap slots to the Constitution's 2 front and 1 rear, so the Constitution is not overpowered by anymeans, and she still remains "outclassed" by the superior Sovereign.

At least, that's how I would upgrade the ships were the choice up to me.
Lt. Commander
# 4 upgrade
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Personally, I would just be content with the ability to upgrade bridge officer stations. Look at the TOS Constitution. 3 Ensign slots across the board. I'm perfectly fine with the ship's weapons, console, and device slots remaining the same. I'm even content with the number of Bridge Officer stations remaining the same. However, I would like the ability to upgrade the bridge stations so I can have 1 Cmdr, 1 LtCmdr and 1 Lt station.

Before anyone complains, note that I do NOT have 5 bridge officer stations, only 3 thus limiting my options. And a Sovereign-class sports 4 front and 4 rear weap slots to the Constitution's 2 front and 1 rear, so the Constitution is not overpowered by anymeans, and she still remains "outclassed" by the superior Sovereign.

At least, that's how I would upgrade the ships were the choice up to me.

Ok i will setlel for that,can we ask for station upgrades? so when we promote our Officers we can up grade the station consols
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
that is what we are talking about here. upgrading the ships in a way that cant be done now. atm, when you buy a ship, the stations are already set. what we are discussing is that as you rank up, your ship does the same with you, and you can decide what you want to do with it, be it upgrading a slot from Lt. to LTC or adding another slot, ect ect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
its an interesting idea, and one i would like to see put into effect, giving players the ability to upgrade the entire ship as they go along. to me, it just seems to make a ship a player likes 'their own,' instead of one thats handed to you becuase its better then the previous tier. however, to give an additional slots in the eng/tac/sci, you would need to further upgrade the ships weapon slots, hull, engine, ect ect ect. it would need some kinda overhaul.
I agree whole heartedly. Players should definitely be able to choose a ship they like and keep it viable for the entire game. Sure there should be some benefit for upgrading, but it should be a plus from the norm tht would be established for all of the ships. That's why the ship crafting idea sounds good to me, perhaps they could find a way for the players to upgrade their ships (of any tier) to be better. Craft a new weapon slot, or a BO station.

Would be a nice idea.
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2011, 06:40 PM
What I see coming from the ability to move along with your own ship is that it becomes another extension of your character. You have your Boffs who give giggles at their dumb antics, the future Doffs who are you mindless slaves, and your own character. The ship should grow with you, so that when you finally hit VA, you can look back and see how far you've progressed with that particular ship. The downside though is that some ships people like arnt available till near endgame, such as the Prometheus and intrepid. If ships are to grow with you, the whole tier system would have to be reworked so that people would have access to their favorite ships from the get go.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Upgrades
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
So if we upgrade our Officers by training and Promoting them, then I canít use them in the station I trained them for.
I must be doing something wrong, However if I could add a consol to my ship then I would be able to use the trained Officer?
Iím thinking that if I could use (1) Cmdr / Lieutenant in a Science station, (1) LtComdr / Lieutenant in Engineering, another
(1) Lt and Ensign in Tactical. Or be able to change them around, This would allow you to use additional consol?
Or have I got this all wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheaded
So if we upgrade our Officers by training and Promoting them, then I canít use them in the station I trained them for.
I must be doing something wrong, However if I could add a consol to my ship then I would be able to use the trained Officer?
Iím thinking that if I could use (1) Cmdr / Lieutenant in a Science station, (1) LtComdr / Lieutenant in Engineering, another
(1) Lt and Ensign in Tactical. Or be able to change them around, This would allow you to use additional consol?
Or have I got this all wrong?
You can use your officers in any tier station, depending on their rank though they may have to many abilities for that station (meaning you just won't have access to the higher tier abilities) or they may have to few abilities (if you didn't rank them up, this would just mean one of the ability slots is left blank until an officer of the appropriate level fills it with whatever BO skill they have open at their rank).

Think of it this way, you have a 4 different cups with measuring notches on the sides. The first has one notch, the second two, the third three and the fourth has four.

Now you have enough water to start the first cup filled to it's notch, but it only halfway fills the second cup. You can still put the water in the second cup or the third or fourth, but it will only fill to the first notch in any of the cups. Conversely, you could take a full 4 notch cup and put it into the one notch cup, it fits but doesn't make any use of it's extra water.

Bridge officers are along the same lines, the higher the rank or the lower the rank only matters when they are in certain stations, and what abilities they can use in them. The lower rank stations are the one or two notched cups, they can be filled by any amount, but they are optimal when used with an officer of the appropriate tier.

I know, I rambled and made it seem complicated. It's not, play around with it and you'll see.

-Quiiliitiila