Lt. Commander
Howdy,

I don't post here much but I think I either found a bug, an oversight, or something of that nature.
purchased a Caitian BOFF from my Fed VA account and, like the Borg BOFF, expected it to be account bound. However, logging into my other Fed characters- all of them don't allow me to get the Caitian BOFF "free".

I tried claiming through in game C-Store, requisition officer, and got nothing.
Is this intended? If so, then why is it not listed in the purchase description on either the Web C-Store or the in-game C-Store?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 03:49 AM
You only get one instance of the Caitian or Aenar boff per purchase. Once you turn in the requisition and claim the officer, you can trade it or give it away as you please. Conversely, you can have more than one Caitian or Aenar boff in a given toon's bridge crew. It's not an account-wide purchase unlock like some items are.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 03:59 AM
I get that, yeah. But I thought they were still account bound, not character bound. Well I guess it's only 100, but they should make that more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Afraid not.

There is a brisk trade in Caitian and Aenar boffs on Exchange, though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
So if it isn't an account-wide unlock and we can sell/trade them, one could mail the BO requisition between their characters? Or get the BO and then mail it to another character?

I guess I'm wondering why the player who paid for the unlock can't cut out the middle-man, so to speak, to benefit their entire account?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
So if it isn't an account-wide unlock and we can sell/trade them, one could mail the BO requisition between their characters? Or get the BO and then mail it to another character?

I guess I'm wondering why the player who paid for the unlock can't cut out the middle-man, so to speak, to benefit their entire account?
Why go through the trouble of buying it on a character to mail it to another character? It is one BO per purchase not an unlimited ability to keep reclaiming per character that purchases the BO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese

In reality, its not a 'Unlock', its a 'Single Purchase'.... if you Commission/Train Up/Transfer/Discard the BO in question, and want another one, you have to make another Purchase...
Lt. Commander
# 8 Confused
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Just looked at the C-Store here on the web, and it is indeed confusing. It quite clearly states This item will be unlocked for every character on your account.

This suggests that every character on the account can claim a BOFF from a single purchase. What I assume they mean is that any character on the account can claim the requisition. Thus, a single character gets a single BOFF.

This is how it used to work, prior to Season 5. Has it changed?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
It's per character I thought... Not account wide. I purchased 1 for my Fed Tac & Eng each.

BTW the snow boots on a Caitian is epic on ground combat.