Lt. Commander
# 1 Signs in ESD
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Season 5 - The signs in ESD are grose. Very poorly designed. Bring back the ones you had before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motie
Season 5 - The signs in ESD are grose. Very poorly designed. Bring back the ones you had before.
I agree. They look like something my 12 year old daughter made. Horrible, completely ruins any immersion when visiting ESD and makes STO seem like a cartoon.

I HATE THEM!!! PLEASE REMOVE THEM! I know I'm not the only one, because there have been several threads dedicated to this issue in the last couple of weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
i have to disagree, i rather like the signs you can see them from a far away distance. I have no problem with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I just don't get it. If they don't act on this much feedback there is something seriously wrong.

Okay, maybe I do get it, they have to stand out for the noobs, but we were all noobs once, and we found our way around. I am concerned this game is being compromised too much for the 'incoming hordes' and that you are shunning the true fans who will be around long after the noobs have moved onto the next F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
They are definitely ugly. I understand they want new players to be able to find where they are going, but they can still accomplish that without using cartoons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They are definitely ugly. I understand they want new players to be able to find where they are going, but they can still accomplish that without using cartoons.
Quoted for truth
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Well they are listening, and given the non-Tribble crowd giving their feedback. The signs will surely be changed again.

Before this went Live, I drew up some "ideas":

Station Map 1
Station Map 2

(BTW, I also posted without the Text)

Hallway

The Shipyard turbolift.

Shipyard

Also working on the Junction Signs and some replacement icons that isn't Cartoonish.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Im sure the F2Pers are not thick, they could find their way around with the old signs like we all have in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
I don't really agree with the changes they are making for new players in general. I don't remember having any real problems when I was a new player. ESD is basically impossible to get lost in because the whole station is a circle. Even if you go the wrong way you'll get to your destination sooner or later.

I think they are trying to dumb the game down in really stupid ways to appeal to n00bs that aren't going to actually be effective in drawing people in to the game. I'm pretty sure no one who played STO quit because they couldn't find their way around with the old signs.

Too much emphasis is being put on nonsense that doesn't matter, and not enough on things that do. The old signs were fine and didn't need to be changed. Selecting your first BOff wasn't hard and didn't need to be changed. Those were simply not reasons people ended up quitting the game. Cryptic seems to be looking for problems that don't exist, rather than focusing their resources on things that actually matter.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I think they look ****ing amazing I don't know about you guys. All those children posters are awesome. Make me all hot and bothered. Or something.