Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Just did a star cluster mission that takes place on a RIDICULOUSLY long station interior. Got to the last group and died. And guess what? Whoever made that mission didnt think to place any respawn points besides the one you start at. Please tell me that person isnt still working on the team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds like its working as intended.

(Genesis' designed shortfalls)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Sounds like its working as intended.

(Genesis' designed shortfalls)
If you think this has anything to do with the genesis system then you dont understand what it actually is. See this post for details:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=38

So anyway, no. A real person still had to do all the technical work to make every mission in game work. And all you have to do to fix it is open up the mission and place more spawn points. Its very simple(as any Foundry author can tell you).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Its definitely going to put a very bad taste in a brand new player's mouth when this happens to them. The sad thing is how easy it is to fix, yet they havent done it yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
This is nuffin new. I recommend not to play cluster missions on Advanced or Elite. Do it on Normal and take sum hypos with you and make sure you go in prepared, best with sum turrets in place at the doorway from your buffs and security escorts if you're a tac.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
This is nuffin new. I recommend not to play cluster missions on Advanced or Elite. Do it on Normal and take sum hypos with you and make sure you go in prepared, best with sum turrets in place at the doorway from your buffs and security escorts if you're a tac.
Turrets aren't that great, if you really want to screw with NPCs and kill them quickly you need Quantum Mortars; place them out of LoS of the target mob and watch the blue balls of death descend from on high. If you can keep the shields down then the Mortars will one shot anything up to a Commander level NPC. 2 Engineer BOff's with Quantum Mortars and an Engineer player with Fabrication Specialist kit is death incarnate in PvE, regardless of difficulty level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
Turrets aren't that great, if you really want to screw with NPCs and kill them quickly you need Quantum Mortars; place them out of LoS of the target mob and watch the blue balls of death descend from on high. If you can keep the shields down then the Mortars will one shot anything up to a Commander level NPC. 2 Engineer BOff's with Quantum Mortars and an Engineer player with Fabrication Specialist kit is death incarnate in PvE, regardless of difficulty level.
I've also found this to be true. A good turret-building Engie boff, well trained and kept back from the battle with a rally point (and properly equipped with good armor and a good weapon to defend the mortar site) is a great help against any sort of enemy mob.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Closer Re-Spawn Points as the mission progresses would be a good move. That has been suggested in the past, and thus far, has been left out of most missions. It does happen in space, and on a couple of ground missions, why not all?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its definitely going to put a very bad taste in a brand new player's mouth when this happens to them. The sad thing is how easy it is to fix, yet they havent done it yet.
I had several friends stop playing a long time ago, due to all the small details such as this. I was hoping to convince them to come back to the game in January, but things like this will undoubtedly make it harder. Don't get me wrong, the large changes to gameplay and GUI are really good and impressive. The little things count just as much tho.
I'm also curious to know how long I will have to deal with the same 3 Boffs manning every single station on my bridge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
They should put a big sign on exploration clusters that says "Warning, playing STO exploration might Destroy your soul"

That way they do it on their own risk. Friend of mine that enjoyed the game also got stuck on how horrible the exploration is and left. I kid you not, the current exploration is STO's biggest problem.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.