Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomacy issues
12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I am not sure if I am the only one to report this and if this is a repeat then my apologies....

Since the new updates have been moved over to Holodeck I have noticed that when I run missions for the diplomatic corp I am still getting only the 10 xp. This seems very bad since you can send DOffs to run diplo missions and get at least 3 times that amount. This is further compounded by the huge increase of xp needed to move up levels.

I would have thought that any missions personally run by the char for the diplomatic corp would be worth more xp. So by having this in place, Cryptic is removing any desire to do anything on that side except sending out the DOffs.

The other thing I noticed was that when I was granted the xp it did not add to my total xp amount listed on the DOff screen. So either it is broken and not counting any of those missions or it is doing some background calculations on a different xp scale which would be useless and troublesome trying to maintain two xp totals for moving up the levels in diplomacy.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll look at the xp rewards next time I decide to waste time on it.

For kicks, though, I did a first contact mission and the diplomat npc is bugged. I can't 'converse' with the diplomat npc at all, and so I can't complete the mission.

I tried another first contact mission to the same bug.

Stupidly, I beamed back to ship view and could not return to the mission so...

I had to cancel it.

So first contact missions will still give 20 xp if they aren't bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Diplo heavily bugged. I read a post where a dev said they were aware of it. I don't know if "aware" will translate to "fixing" anytime this century though.

The First Contact bug is pretty bad. Every FC mission I've attempted lately has one NPC that I can't talk to. So the mission won't progress. Very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Yup, I was going to bring up the same issue. It SUCKS that the Diplomacy rewards are still 10exp for everything but the duty officer missions. As well, I had the same problem with my first contact missions.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
-Quiiliitiila