Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Dilithium refine - ore
12-04-2011, 05:52 AM
What the hell is cryptic doing.... OMG what you can only get 8000 per day refined per day, so what we do missions then we claim the ore but can't use it.... but you can only refine 8000 a day what a joke..... cryptic you go to work get paid every month but cryptic are going to pay half your salary per month the other half will be paid next month.... thats right so what are you guys thinking you are trying to slow us down playing this game to keep grinding and we have to wait to refine.. you would not like it if it was your salary..... TAKE THE CAP OFF ....... YOUR BOTTLES OF BEER AND OPEN YOUR EYES .... you are driving players away from this game...... so i suggest TAKE THE CAP OFF REFINED ORE .... and not the bottles of beer..... by DJ MARCO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-04-2011, 06:00 AM
I too do not understand why there is a cap/limit on daily refining & want it removed. Only thing that makes any sense is it's Cryptics deliberate attempt to slow us down, including all the tedious & monotonous reption that they have introduced in season 5. Why would they do this? To cover the fact that this glitch ridden game is still beta @ best & to hide the lack of content. Seriousl Cryptic- you are shooting yourselves in the foot. Remove the 8000 a day limit. Do not increase it, outright remove it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Wow seriously Ive never heard a player base anywhere complain as much as people here do the game isnt that bad. Ive managed to have a great time these last 2 years are there bugs sometimes yes. Do I always manage to find things to do and keep enjoying myself yes I do. Sometimes you gotta calm down take a deep breath and realize its not that bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Wow seriously Ive never heard a player base anywhere complain as much as people here do the game isnt that bad. Ive managed to have a great time these last 2 years are there bugs sometimes yes. Do I always manage to find things to do and keep enjoying myself yes I do. Sometimes you gotta calm down take a deep breath and realize its not that bad.
what, not that bad? come on, your playing the wrong game then....how can you say that with all the promises that cryptic have said to us, and not fulfilled?..... and you stick up for them? wake up and smell the CRYPTIC.... old bean...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borthan
I too do not understand why there is a cap/limit on daily refining & want it removed. Only thing that makes any sense is it's Cryptics deliberate attempt to slow us down, including all the tedious & monotonous reption that they have introduced in season 5. Why would they do this? To cover the fact that this glitch ridden game is still beta @ best & to hide the lack of content. Seriousl Cryptic- you are shooting yourselves in the foot. Remove the 8000 a day limit. Do not increase it, outright remove it.
No. The cap is fine and works.

We can all agree that more content is needed - though I still haven't managed to get through everything that Season 5 brought in through the Defera Invasion - but that has nothing to do with this economic decision.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.

The average player will not earn more than 8,000 dilithium in one sitting. I've started playing STFs about four times a day now - between an hour and two hours at a time. Probably 90% of players now and in future will play for this long or less. The cap doesn't affect them. It *does* affect those edge cases who can spend 8 hours a day amasing dilithium ore.

Even the guy who gets binges one day a week and then doesn't play for days is covered - dilithium ore is automatically refined for up to a week after your last play.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian113 View Post
With dilithium refine cap per day amount dilithium to make verry rare gear is an horror.
40K dilithium for only 1 part of Aegies set.
so full set cost same or even more then new ship bought for dilithium.
i think taht this new economy and crafting system is made to turn people away not to bring more players
No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.
People knew it was coming and DID NOT LIKE what was being done to crafting. You probably weren't at Memory Alpha on Nov 30. I've never seen so many people at one time that it maxed out the instance before.

We pay at least $15/month. There shouldn't be ANY cap for us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
People knew it was coming and DID NOT LIKE what was being done to crafting. You probably weren't at Memory Alpha on Nov 30. I've never seen so many people at one time that it maxed out the instance before.

We pay at least $15/month. There shouldn't be ANY cap for us.
Why not? What does the subscription fee have to do with it?

Before S5 it was too easy to kit out your ship in the best equipment with NO EFFORT. None. Now? Well, if you've already got to VA1 then the chances are you've got the gear you need. If you're new? Well - you'll be in for a much better experience as you actually have some pride in being kitted out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
No. The cap is fine and works.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.
The flaw in your logic is that people can purchase as much dilitium as they want so its not really about limiting the amount since it only limits the amount you can get without paying additional fee's on top of your monthly subscription.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
No. The cap is fine and works.

We can all agree that more content is needed - though I still haven't managed to get through everything that Season 5 brought in through the Defera Invasion - but that has nothing to do with this economic decision.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.

The average player will not earn more than 8,000 dilithium in one sitting. I've started playing STFs about four times a day now - between an hour and two hours at a time. Probably 90% of players now and in future will play for this long or less. The cap doesn't affect them. It *does* affect those edge cases who can spend 8 hours a day amasing dilithium ore.

Even the guy who gets binges one day a week and then doesn't play for days is covered - dilithium ore is automatically refined for up to a week after your last play.



No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.
Controlling the economy? You must be joking- have you seen the prices of purple mk 11 weapons on the exchange? Season 5 has driven them through the roof. To be honest what good is dilithium anyway? You can't buy purple mk 12 gear with it- for that you have to grind & grind away on the recycled stf missions. If I could get my money back from these jokers I would.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-MARCO View Post
What the hell is cryptic doing.... OMG what you can only get 8000 per day refined per day, so what we do missions then we claim the ore but can't use it.... but you can only refine 8000 a day what a joke..... cryptic you go to work get paid every month but cryptic are going to pay half your salary per month the other half will be paid next month.... thats right so what are you guys thinking you are trying to slow us down playing this game to keep grinding and we have to wait to refine.. you would not like it if it was your salary..... TAKE THE CAP OFF ....... YOUR BOTTLES OF BEER AND OPEN YOUR EYES .... you are driving players away from this game...... so i suggest TAKE THE CAP OFF REFINED ORE .... and not the bottles of beer..... by DJ MARCO

There's really no call for hurling hate and insults at these people. They're doing their job to the best of their ability. IF you think it's ten thousand developers playing paddleball instead of addressing these concerns, think again. MMOs are spectacularly complicated programs and I've never played one without bugs - ever. THese guys have a finite staff and finite time and in an economy like this, finite funds to work with under the best of circumstances. (Witness the Pandarian debacle about to unfold for WoW - I know about thirty former die hard players across two guilds who are quitting the game completely based on Kung Fu Panda.) These are real people, not slaves or servants. Hurling hostility at them is ludicrous altogether. If someone came to your workplace and threw a god awful tantrum over some service you provide or fail to provide, is your first thought to kiss their feet and say "Yes, master?"

I appreciate the cap, personally. With the new function to market dilithium for c-points it makes sense. Plus, if you achieve everything possible in a game in just one day it's not much of a game. The real story lies in the struggle against limitation - not erasing it, but working against it with your own cunning and experience. Every well told story on earth is about conflicts and limitations and how they hamper someone who overcomes them. Powergamers who want to nuke everything in one shot might disagree, but they also have the most boring stories to tell you can ever hear.

Just work with the cap. Go with the flow. If you can't mine 10,000,000,000 dilithium a day, so what? Keep logging in. The game's getting better and better and better and it's even going ot be free soon. And for all of this, we're going to rage against good people because you don't like the dlitihium cap? Even if I thought you had a legtimate complaint, and some people on this forum do, the rage/wrath/hate approach is patently absurd. Be glad there's a Star Trek game at all. If not, there are plenty of other games you can play that won't lead you to pubilicly abuse the programmers.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 AM.