Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I get the idea, I think, of how silver players are supposed to be faced with choices directed at getting them to spend money or time via subbing or buying/grinding dilithium, or buying C-Store ships when they rank up. I think it's sensible.

Still, I think that the 8k per day refinement cap does its job in that regard and that dilithium should be available from more sources.

In particular, I can see why offering dilithium for first runs of missions is a bad idea: the GOAL is for silver players to be a bit short when they rank up.

However, it would all work fine and remain a tradeoff if mission REPLAY offered a dilithium ore container as one of the reward choices for missions.

Players still won't exceed 8k a day and it means foregoing the typical gear rewards from replay to get the dilithium.

It still slows things down but offers players a more entertaining way to get their dilithium.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree. I think that episodes should give SOME dilithium rewards, even if it's a smaller scale than the dailies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
agreed story missions and episodes need to give dilithium not much but at least some. couse atm low level players CANNOT get dilithium and gold members who play story mission get nothing more than the meep meepo cryptic tries to say its good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I get the idea, I think, of how silver players are supposed to be faced with choices directed at getting them to spend money or time via subbing or buying/grinding dilithium, or buying C-Store ships when they rank up. I think it's sensible.

Still, I think that the 8k per day refinement cap does its job in that regard and that dilithium should be available from more sources.

In particular, I can see why offering dilithium for first runs of missions is a bad idea: the GOAL is for silver players to be a bit short when they rank up.

However, it would all work fine and remain a tradeoff if mission REPLAY offered a dilithium ore container as one of the reward choices for missions.

Players still won't exceed 8k a day and it means foregoing the typical gear rewards from replay to get the dilithium.

It still slows things down but offers players a more entertaining way to get their dilithium.
I agree this would be an improvement and give players options.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-04-2011, 01:54 PM
This is a good, no... let's say amazing idea.

/signed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if there is going to be a cap on how much you can refine, then EVERY mission should give DL. You cant refine more than the daily cap anyway, so let people earn it in whatever way they enjoy the most rather than forcing them into the same rut every single day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You cant refine more than the daily cap anyway, so let people earn it in whatever way they enjoy the most rather than forcing them into the same rut every single day.
Agreed!

If the "only" way for me to earn Dilithium is the same dailies, then at the prices currently set for end-game gear, on the present course I'm going to grind myself out of sanity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Agreed!

If the "only" way for me to earn Dilithium is the same dailies, then at the prices currently set for end-game gear, on the present course I'm going to grind myself out of sanity.
In the name of shameless shelf promotion, please check out the 1st link in my sig. Hopefully it will give you something at least a little new to do =P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
In the name of shameless shelf promotion, please check out the 1st link in my sig. Hopefully it will give you something at least a little new to do =P
...Oh my what big lobes you have. :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.