Lt. Commander
# 1 Need vs greed
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I've been playing the STFs a lot lately and that got me thinking, What is the difference between Need and Greed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Need is higher priority than Greed. When handing out gear players that click "Need" will get it before players that click "Greed"...

When in a PuG, always click Need.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
When in a PuG, always click Need.
Yes, if you want to be blacklisted. In a PUG if you really see something that you need and are going to immediately equip on your character - click Need. If it's something you're just going to vendor for EC, clieck Greed. Generally in a PUG it's bad form to 'Need' everything; and Fleets do pass around lists of players to avoid who are seen to do it a lot.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Ya Greed on things if you don't "NEED" it. Think of it like you were dealing with your friends, you find something on the street do you just want it cus it is cool/free or is something you have trying to find and were looking for.

Also I would recommend Greeding on the Borg STF loot though, as everyone needs them so if you greed will not get any. But general equipment just best judgement on if you need or just want it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yes, if you want to be blacklisted. In a PUG is you really see something that you need and are going to immediately equip on your character - click Need. If it's something you're just going to vendor for EC, clieck Greed. Generally in a PUG it's bad form to 'Need' everything; and Fleets do pass around lists of players to avoid who seen to do it a lot.)

This, so much this. My fleet hit the STFs hard this weekend, and every pug we got hit greed on everything that dropped.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought it would be something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
i don't know how the math works but i am pretty sure that you get worse *rolls* if you "Need" on everything.

if you PASS and GREED honestly, then you should get a better chance at a higher roll if you press Need on something you really need.

at least thats how i understood it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yes, if you want to be blacklisted. In a PUG if you really see something that you need and are going to immediately equip on your character - click Need. If it's something you're just going to vendor for EC, clieck Greed. Generally in a PUG it's bad form to 'Need' everything; and Fleets do pass around lists of players to avoid who are seen to do it a lot.)
Blacklisted... as in people won't PUG with me anymore?

That's the beauty of the new system, it's a PUG, you could be put into the mission with anyone and you don't know who you are teamed with until the mission starts. If you leave you incur the one hour penalty. So "blacklisting" a person does squat.

The game isn't set up to encourage fairness... it's set up as a gimme system. To be fair need/greed/pass would be transformed into yes/no. You either want it or you don't... none of this maybe BS.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
I've been playing the STFs a lot lately and that got me thinking, What is the difference between Need and Greed?
Suggestion when doing PUG groups ... If you might want it ... just hit "need" as many others are.

Go in with that attitude and your feelings are less likely to get hurt.

Regarding weapons ... a lot of good stuff comes out of those drops, so I use them to stock up the fleet bank.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Personally, I think we need another loot option of just "Greed" and make that the default for PUGged STF groups. The reason why I don't PUG STFs is the "Need" button.