Lt. Commander
Gozer implied in his post that we had a funky situation where D'Vak just happens to command both the Honor Guard and the M.A.C.O.s at the same time, a tacit but somewhat under-the-table admission by both factions that the Borg threat must be addressed.

However... If you talk to D'Vak on DS9, he pretty unambiguously refers to the war in the past tense, as something that has ended.

So... Happy Christmas, the war is over...?!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Gozer implied in his post that we had a funky situation where D'Vak just happens to command both the Honor Guard and the M.A.C.O.s at the same time, a tacit but somewhat under-the-table admission by both factions that the Borg threat must be addressed.

However... If you talk to D'Vak on DS9, he pretty unambiguously refers to the war in the past tense, as something that has ended.

Maybe but we'll always have war games
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Where is the Nurse we are to kiss for the photo-op in Time Square /First City?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Where is the Nurse we are to kiss for the photo-op in Time Square /First City?
This demands a photoshop. It'll be the weekend before I have time to do one, sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
This demands a photoshop. It'll be the weekend before I have time to do one, sadly.
I take it you know of that famous photo? Excellent!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
You mean there's people that don't know that picture? My history major heart is broken....

On topic, I could have sworn I've seen some dialogue in the game recently that referred to the klink war in the past tense. Or maybe it was just a strange dream after seeing Admiral D'Vak in DS9...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
I also recognized the photo you're talking about it. There probably aren't many people that do anymore though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:

D'Vak talks about it in the past tense because he's no longer fighting that war. It's pretty obvious that he's moved on to something more important.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
So... the wars not over. The group led by D'vak is outside the bounds of either government and doesn't participate in the war for their respective sides.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Ah the old ways are always the best. Gen chang was always right about the federation.