Lt. Commander
I just got a reply for the Ticket I wrote about this saying that Captain Gecko was wrong and that these are not included with the T-5 ships .... Well I'm not sure you are allowed to do this. The reason I say this is for 2 reasons.
1) Someone from your group told us that these were going to be included when we went Free 2 play. this post was up for over 2 weeks and nothing was said against it until after it was too late for us to claim those ships ....
2) ... and this i s the main reason why, you are not allowed to give us access to something with a purchase and then decide to take it away from us and then charge us for it. I was given the option to get the T-3 versions of these 2 ships after I bought the option to get the T-5 ships. you cannot just change your mind and remove something that you gave me for free and decide you want money for it, it is wrong and might just be against a law......

Return the access to these T-3 ships.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I just got a reply for the Ticket I wrote about this saying that Captain Gecko was wrong and that these are not included with the T-5 ships .... Well I'm not sure you are allowed to do this. The reason I say this is for 2 reasons.
1) Someone from your group told us that these were going to be included when we went Free 2 play. this post was up for over 2 weeks and nothing was said against it until after it was too late for us to claim those ships ....
2) ... and this i s the main reason why, you are not allowed to give us access to something with a purchase and then decide to take it away from us and then charge us for it. I was given the option to get the T-3 versions of these 2 ships after I bought the option to get the T-5 ships. you cannot just change your mind and remove something that you gave me for free and decide you want money for it, it is wrong and might just be against a law......

Return the access to these T-3 ships.....
The T3's were never part of the C-Store, they were Energy Credit ships, I always went T3 Nebula but never bought the T5.

They're allowed, they shouldn't, but they can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Indeed, Cryptic had no buisness making these ships into C-Store exclusives.
They were normal ships obtainable through purely in-game means.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Ah yes I remember getting the T3 Nebula when I made my Andorian Science Officer....I liked it so much that when I could start grinding emblems ( about 7 days later ) I spent the next two weeks grinding to get the Tier 5 Version of the nebula, I have it now and dont regret it... its once of the scariest Sci ships in the game if the captain knows what they are doing....

but yeah these T3 versions should not be messed with they should be left there to do as it did for me and generate enough interest in the ship to aquire the T5 version.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Personally the only reason I bought the Excelsior and The Nebula T5 ships was to be able to get those T3 ships it was indicated we would be able to get. If we are not getting those then that for me is Cryptic basically telling mistruths as far as I am concerned. For anybody who says this wasnt a mistruth then the correction should have come at the time the statement was made. Note I am trying really hard to avoid the words lie and deceit here. Could we have a forum based repeal of that statement though rather than an apparent support ticket please?

This incident alone is enough for me to stop spending money on C-store points and just save up stipends for a few months.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Personally the only reason I bought the Excelsior and The Nebula T5 ships was to be able to get those T3 ships it was indicated we would be able to get. If we are not getting those then that for me is Cryptic basically telling mistruths as far as I am concerned. For anybody who says this wasnt a mistruth then the correction should have come at the time the statement was made. Note I am trying really hard to avoid the words lie and deceit here. Could we have a forum based repeal of that statement though rather than an apparent support ticket please?

This incident alone is enough for me to stop spending money on C-store points and just save up stipends for a few months.
I wasn't worried about the T-3 ships because of what Cryptic told us, that if we had bought the T-5 versions that we would be getting the T-3 version when it went F2P... But now that it is too late for me to claim those ships I'm being told that they were not included with the T-5 version and I don't care which way you look at that it is wrong..... You don't say that you will have it so don't worry and then after you can't get it anymore say "sorry, but it is not included" ... That is straight up BS....

Also I never saw the T-3 versions until after I bought the T-5 versions so I thought they were a package deal, but if others are saying they were available to everyone, then I'm wrong about the package deal, but not about being told that I'd be able to get them after F2P if I had bought the T-5 version ....

You need to give this to us or is this just one more case of being told one thing and getting another .....
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Hmm, yes, at this point I think it would be good to hear from a goldname. After all the grief and drama that went on, and then to see the situation satisfactorily resolved... and then seeing it reversed again, apparently on the sly, well... I'd like to hear from a goldname one way or the other.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Same here, I want to see Cryptic's response.

And it isn't up for interpretation, the source is here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3840094

Quote:
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied.
If the response to your ticket is to be believed, and there no response to this thread, then Cryptic has outright lied to the community and needs to be held accountable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I would like confirmation one way or the other on the forums, rather than what someone has said in a ticket.

If they said they would be they should honour that, or at least give people an opportunity to claim it for a short period of time like they did with the tos ship and tier 3 raptor.

if they want to put them in the store then thats their right, even if people dont like, but dont say one thing and do another.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
The T3's were never part of the C-Store, they were Energy Credit ships, I always went T3 Nebula but never bought the T5.

They're allowed, they shouldn't, but they can.
Actually, they are not. If the announcement had been made BEFORE Season 5 went live that the T3's eren't available, then yes they are allowed. However, this amounts to false advertising and is illegal.
Closed Thread