Lt. Commander
Q's Winter Wonderland is open and ready for you to explore! Designer Jesse Heinig lets us know about all of the great Holiday Gifts you can earn while you are there in entry #7 of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

You can also check out the Holiday Event FAQ here.

Link to the news article
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Ugh. Scratch-off lottery.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you guys for doing this. Its a nice gesture

My only complaint is...wheres the music =P
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
A small number will have a C-Store pet, such as a Horta, Gekli, Exocomp (for Federation characters) or Targ (for Klingon characters)
dang, I was hoping for another chance at the faction neutral targ pet I missed out on at the anniversary, but it's KDF only this time?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
EDIT: Please ignore this as I cannot follow my own advice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
Sorry, but no. Champs taught me the valuable lesion that buying grab bags are a waste of money. I could wind up spending $30 or more and get a bunch of stuff I already have but not the ship, yeah, no.

Cryptic, if you want my money just sell me the ship directly through the C-Store. Otherwise no dice.
Yeah...just saw someone in zone chat complaining they spent 1000 Cstore points to try for the ship and didn't get it...
There's one born every minute...
Made my decision to not buy any...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I love the Calvin and Hobbes inspired snowmen and the slip slidin' reminds me of slipping around in a former Cryptic game instance! Loved it!

There was a bug with the accolade, could not complete it. The "Klingon Customs" would not complete for me.
Also the race que was really frustrating. It was really challenging to actually get the race started.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
1. A few rare gifts will have a Holographic Tribble, which both Federation and Klingon officers can use. The Holographic Tribble creates temporary holographic duplicates of itself when petted, so that everyone on your team can gain a tribble bonus.

2. Some very rare gifts will have a mobile emitter for a Holographic Science Officer, an 8-hour skill point boost, or a booster pack of Duty Officers.
Ok...so where is our chance at getting the playable borg race from the lifers considering you are now giving away a chance at our recruit a friend exclusive gifts.

Quote:
Once your friend has purchased Star Trek Online, you’ll receive a brand new title – Courier – as well as an exclusive Holographic Tribble Pet! What’s more, you both can enjoy:

A special power to instantly travel to your friend (first 30 days).
A 5% Captain and Officer skill point bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).
A 5% damage bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).

Once your recruit has subscribed to the game for a month, you’ll earn:

A new title: Recruiter.
An exclusive Holographic Bridge Officer (works with Federation and Klingon players).
400 STO-only Cryptic Points.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Definitely appreciate the effort here. I'm still concerned that the Jem Hadar fighter is too powerful. It could easily have been a vanity ship with shuttle like stats, but now we have to worry about its impact on PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Just so im clear, can the jem'hadar fighter be earned via the race if we are lucky?

is it permanent (ie not going away after the event ends)

and as its a VA/LG ship according to the post yesterday can a lower level character still win it or can it only be won by a max level character?