Lt. Commander
# 1 Winter Package Available
12-08-2011, 11:40 AM
A special Winter Package can now be found in the C-Store, for a limited time only.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Can a character get the Jem'Hadar attack ship even if they aren't of a high enough level to use it? Answer to this question can possible save me lots of c-points or cause me to spend lots of c-points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Before anyone complains, if you choose to gamble then you only have yourself to blame if you arent happy with the results. That said you can get these gifts for free by playing Q's games, so you dont have to spend money. You can ALSO trade dillithium for C-points and buy them that way from the C-store without spending any real money.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Before anyone complains, if you choose to gamble then you only have yourself to blame if you arent happy with the results. That said you can get these gifts for free by playing Q's games, so you dont have to spend money. You can ALSO trade dillithium for C-points and buy them that way from the C-store without spending any real money.
I'm predicting a spike in C-point demand shortly. Expect the selling price for C-Points to hit the cap shortly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
My first impression was that this might be cool. But then I saw that you get ONE of things on the list randomly. I HATE random packs like this. And so do most people. That's why Trading Card Games have started switching to the "Living" format where you know what you're getting. The Jem'Hadar ship sounds cool, but I'm not spending 100 C-points to MAYBE get something cool when there is a lot of CRAP in the mix as well.

I'm sure 90% of these packs will give XP boosts which are useless to VA's. Or pets which are similarly worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
There are two or three kewl items on the list, and I'll be buying and playing Q's game to try to better my chances at getting the ones I want. It's a game- I understand that. In games you can either win or lose, but I really don't see anyone losing on this one because all of the items are worth at least 100 points.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Well, I don't blame anyone, probably just myself. I got quite addicted and bought - yeah, mouth wide open - 150 of those winter packs. Unfortunately, the Jham'Hadar ship for my Vorta captain wasn't in a single of those packs. Instead, I got around 15 Elysium Hortas, 25 Pollyalloy Hortas, 20 Exocumps and 30 Geklis ... also ~200 Christmas items, some uncommon, some common, a ton of blue and purple MK X and XI gear, some Photonic Officer and some Photonic Tribble packs, also 4 duty officer packs (2 of them gave a purple, 3 a blue duff).

I know, it's my own fault, but I'm still a bit disappointed. There should be some sort of guarantee that if you buy let's say 100 packs, you will surely get the ship at latest at the 100th pack you buy. That's 10K Cryptic Points, or more than 100 dollars, or earlier ... would be a fair deal.

Anyway, good luck to all who are going to gamble like me, and Kudos to all who got the ship by now. Some of you might get it twice, then purrhaps we might find some for some 100 million EC in the exchange.

I consider it my Christmas present, and well, the least I will get is a bunch of EC from the sellings.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Is this some sort of joke???
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Is there any way we could please get picture of the scarves so we know which one we want to buy?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh honestly. I don't see why anyone is surprised by them releasing the gift pack, Champions Online was doing it for holidays already, and it works for them. The only difference is their players seem to be alot more thick skinned than some of the folks around here