Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 5 Dev Diary #8
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Stephen thanks players for an amazing start to December in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Sounds good cant wait to see what the doff event is. Im really loving the doff system so far.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
He says a lot of nothing.

I want to see the 700 day android.

And don't want to see this lottery crap like you did with the Jem'Hadar ship ever again in the game.

How are the FE not done yet? I can understand the need for polish on them, but they needed to be done months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
And don't want to see this lottery crap like you did with the Jem'Hadar ship ever again in the game.
You mean the thing that seems to be making PWE/Cryptic the most money in one lump it's seen since the mad scramble for Lifetime Subscriptions before launch? Yeah, that's not going anywhere... (I'm just glad it wasn't for anything I personally wanted.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Sounds great! can't wait for the new featured episodes!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
We are also busy putting together the ground skills revamp and some UI improvements.
WIN!

I can't wait for the ground revamp!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing what the UI improvements are all about. There is still a lot of crap that needs to be cleaned up with the UI. A lot has been fixed, but the ship names, the window borders, the ship pic covering stats in the status window, and a whole mess of other crap could be cleaned up.

I pointed them out here back when F2P was on tribble: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=237181
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
If the devs are NOW starting on the new feature episodes what was dstahl testplaying back in August then?!?!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
"This is our first attempt at releasing an ultra-rare game item, and the hundreds of players who have unlocked the ship absolutely love it."

You have got to be kidding. So you're gonna keep using this "method" to make items "rare"? So whoever shovels tons of money into the C-Store and/or gets extremely lucky will get the things you could just release for the new higher C-Store prices or make it possible for us to earn by actually playing the game? What about the multiple threads posted about this? Is that a minority to you that is negligible?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
From the Dev Blog#8:

Stephen D'Angelo wrote:
------------------------------
...With Season 5 released, the development team is now starting work on the Dominion Featured Episode series for February. They are still early in development, but we should have some early art and sneak peeks available in early January to share...
Just starting work now? That's interesting as I recall Daniel Stahl stating he PLAYTESYED a version of the first episode for this FE before he left Cryptic for Zynga; and I further recall that right after the sale to PWE was completed; the expected launch date for the series was November (and I understand why that got moved) - but my point?

Why do you need to obfuscate the fact that this FE was in the works before Season4 launched? Is this the level of 'up front and honest' EP to playerbase we can expect going forward?

It may seem like a small thing, but I just don't see the need to try and retcon the fact this FE series has been in the works for quite a while.