Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon sash with cloth?
12-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Ive spotted a few players running around with what appears to be the Captain Rank sash, but with a piece of cloth dangling from below the pocket.

However at the Tailor I only seem to have access to the Normal sash with just a pouch.
Anyone know how one can get the sash/dangling cloth combo?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 07:47 AM
That's one of the upper level sashes, I'm not sure exactly which one.

I considered it briefly for my klink before deciding that I didn't like the look. It's the only one, IIRC, that has the dangly bit.

I don't think you have to do anything special to unlock it, but I suspect it is limited to flag officers. I don't recall seeing it before I made BG.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Strange, because I have a max level KDF toon that does not seem to have access to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
maybe a species / gender mix up ?

what race do you play and what gender?

and do you have the TOS uniforms, because those have their own sashes IIRC
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Orion Female, and no im not using the TOS uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Orion Female, and no im not using the TOS uniforms.
Ah. Some uniforms seem to prevent Klinks from wearing sashes, and some species seem to not be able to have sashes at all. I don't know what the standards are.

Have you tried changing her uniform to see if the sashes become available?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Strange, because I have a max level KDF toon that does not seem to have access to it.
It's a bug, Alex. The cloth bits seem to appear for some characters and not for others. I have reported it on several of my KDF alts. Hopefully they will fix it someday. I wouldn't count on it happening soon though.

The Orion Male Harnesses have been stuck in the Armor category since Season 2 (when they obviously belong in the Bare Chest category) and there are numerous pieces that have gone missing for Females but still exist for Males or vice versa (Padded Boots, Leather Boots for Klingons, etc.) and there has been no word on fixes coming down the pipes for those.

Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Of course, their Klingon.
Its sadly been obvious for two years now that Cryptic does not care one bit about the Klingons.