Lt. Commander
# 1 Meet the Team: Aaron Steelman
08-14-2009, 05:44 PM
In this edition of Meet the Team, it's our pleasure to introduce you to Aaron Steelman. Aaron is a content designer on Star Trek Online, so when you're neck deep in your favorite episode, be sure to think of him.

What do you do on Star Trek Online?

Iím a content designer, which means Iím responsible for adding cool missions and exciting combat sequences to the game.

How long have you worked in gaming, and what did you do before Star Trek Online?

Iíve been working in the industry for about two years now. Prior to working on STO, I was part of the Champions Online team. Before that, I worked on some super-secret projects for Activision.

Who is your favorite Star Trek character and why?

My favorite Star Trek character is Harry Mudd. He may not be the most upstanding citizen, but that guy has panache.

What is an interesting fact about you that players would be surprised to know?

I have a degree in Asian American Literature.

If you could choose to be an alien on Star Trek, which species would you want to be?

Tribble. Iím a family man.

Which is cooler: monkeys, robots, pirates, or ninjas?

Zombies. Duh.

What advice do you have for someone who wants to break into the gaming industry?

Prepare yourself for misery and lamentation! In the end itís worth it, but youíll have to pay your dues.

What was your first favorite video game?

Combat for the Atari 2600.

Original post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
In this edition of Meet the Team, it's our pleasure to introduce you to Aaron Steelman. Aaron is a content designer on Star Trek Online, so when you're neck deep in your favorite episode, be sure to think of him.

Who is your favorite Star Trek character and why?

My favorite Star Trek character is Harry Mudd. He may not be the most upstanding citizen, but that guy has panache.

Which is cooler: monkeys, robots, pirates, or ninjas?

Zombies. Duh.
So close to being my favourite but poor spelling let you down. Harry Mudd's totally awesome but there's a spelling error in one of your answers. I believe you spelt Pirates wrong. For some reason it appears to be spelt Zombies.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked_Warbird
So close to being my favourite but poor spelling let you down. Harry Mudd's totally awesome but there's a spelling error in one of your answers. I believe you spelt Pirates wrong. For some reason it appears to be spelt Zombies.
It took me a second there,but then I realized how incredibly subtlety funny that was.

Anyways,it's always nice to meet a new member of the team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi Aaron.

Would you like to join the Order of the Teacup?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
Hi Aaron.

Would you like to join the Order of the Teacup?
Oh snap! I knew I was forgetting something! Yes Aaron, join us! We have teacups and avatars! *jingles teacup with avatars in it*
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-14-2009, 07:45 PM
A man of few words, I wonder if this will be reflected in our Misson content
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice to meet you Aaron
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Aaron.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2009, 05:26 PM
It's always nice to know who you are getting to abuse when the content runs dry :p

Only joking, I don't abuse people... I just manipulate them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Anyone who wants to be a Tribble is an awesome person in my book. It is nice to meet you, Aaron -- and you definitely have one of the best jobs in the game, in my opinion!