Lt. Commander
First of if this thread is been repeated my apologies because I can't one.

Enjoying the new STF content but I have a major bug bear and is the loot drops after completing the optional mission.

I feel it should be not 'need or greed' because if you work hard as team you should all benefit for your efforts and not to have follow normal 'greed' etticate and get nothing.

Please cryptic ( as Picard would say) make it so
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
agreed .... 10chars.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
ive seen rare borg tech so many times and so far havent got one by need or greed yet. everyone should get equal rewards and the rewards should be based on how well you do as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geom View Post
ive seen rare borg tech so many times and so far havent got one by need or greed yet. everyone should get equal rewards and the rewards should be based on how well you do as a team.

totally agree
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I hate when I go a few STF's worth of people who start to show decent Need or Greed manners, and you start to feel safe. Then...

Dun duh!

An item pops up...

Dun Duh Dun Duh!

And four of you put down greed or pass...

Dun Duh Dun Duh Dun Duh!

And the fifth person is taking a really long time voting and you know its coming...

NEED! On a green X stealth console or a green X Transphasic torpedo that no one really uses let alone needs!

And then everyone is hitting NEED for the rest of the STF
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Completing the optional objective is an even greater accomplishment than just finishing the STF.
It requires true teamplay to succeed and as such every member of the team deserves to be rewarded.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967
First of if this thread is been repeated my apologies because I can't one.

Enjoying the new STF content but I have a major bug bear and is the loot drops after completing the optional mission.

I feel it should be not 'need or greed' because if you work hard as team you should all benefit for your efforts and not to have follow normal 'greed' etticate and get nothing.

Please cryptic ( as Picard would say) make it so
Doing as you suggested would most like decrease the "rarity" of Mark XI gear.

As people would start getting them faster if the loot rates aren't changed.

Im all for giving loot to everyone for doing the optional but... Im not sure if the loot should stay the same.

Salvage would probably be regulated to personal drops for completion if so.

Perhaps 1 EDC(2 EDC for the special events) to everyone for the optional?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I agree that completion of optional mission objectives should net ALL members a drop reward. I also think each optional objective needs to have an accompanying accolade and title.

P.S. I hit pass on green and blue items in STFs. The only items I hit need on are white commons, and purples items I don't have but could reall use such as the antiproton weapons. I hit greed if I have an exact(or nearly exact) copy of one of them on that character already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Here's the Need or Greed problem again. Cryptic needs to make it a 2 option thing and not a 3. it would probably go simpler, and wouldn't make people mad. It would be either you want it, or you don't want it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Completing the secondary objective, as noted, is harder than completing the actual STF. Everyone should get a reward, and should be a good one.

Completing the STF I get an EDC or two. I'm happy. My secondary rewards are usually something I discard immediately. And it makes no sense. The thing I put in the most effort to get is usually trash, if I get anything at all.

Should be AT LEAST an extra EDC for everyone on the team. And then maybe a random roll for Salvage or a tech drop for one person.