Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-18-2011, 06:46 AM
I don't get it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2011, 06:48 AM
My entire team left when the optional goal failed. I was left by myself to finish the match and had no choice but to leave myself. That means I also got a leaver penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Strange. I've had leavers too and left when it was clear that there was no way to finish the STF. However, I never got penalties for that.

Edit: Having a closer look at the picture, it looks like the starting point. So maybe the amount of progress and time passed is taken into account on whether a penalty is given or not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Strange. I've had leavers too and left when it was clear that there was no way to finish the STF. However, I never got penalties for that.

Edit: Having a closer look at the picture, it looks like the starting point. So maybe the amount of progress and time passed is taken into account on whether a penalty is given or not.
Notice how little they progressed in that 15 minutes? Ouch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2011, 09:52 AM
The Cure one with the Klingon Borg is got to be the hardest STF out there, especially of the ground ones... People can't seem to ever get that one done whenever I decide to try an play it. Heck, even on normal its a heavy challenge. I'd hate to know what its like on Elite! Nowadays I just steer clear of that one, unless I know I'm going with a good well equipped team that going to stick it to the end... Don't feel bad I can never get past the shield/forcefield generator objective either before people start packing up and leaving. But I would think that after 15 minutes they would waive the leaver penalty, especially for the last 3 left. The first 2 should get it no matter what to discourage people from leaving on a whim or because they 'couldn't' complete the bonus objective... That's just silly and cowardly, not mention poor sportsmanship, considering the mission as a whole can still be won even if the bonus objective fails... Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Notice how little they progressed in that 15 minutes? Ouch.
I ran all the way back to the beginning to see if the "(null)" was there. We actually made decent progress, they just gave up. Actually, this pic was taken at least ten minutes after the last guy bailed. I tried to run through it solo. Obviously didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
Do you notice the REQUEST REINFORCEMENTS button. Hit that next time and wait a few mins if nobody turns up then leave.
I could have press the button on my son's toy on my desk and it wouldn't have helped. I virtually spammed that button, ran back to the beginning, and said screw it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Do you notice the REQUEST REINFORCEMENTS button. Hit that next time and wait a few mins if nobody turns up then leave.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
Optional Infected isn't impossible......people just try to rush through. You have to slow down and make sure you go for the crewmembers FIRST. To many people just try to go A-Team and dive into the mix. You will fail.
I go all A-team in that, except I direct it towards the crew to be saved, physicist kit is awesome for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
Boff's aren't really a substitute for real people, not just because of the AI but they also have fewer powers and don't do as much damage as a player.

Sorry to hear about this Bob, I get annoyed when the optional fails but so far ot so much to quit an STF
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
I go all A-team in that, except I direct it towards the crew to be saved, physicist kit is awesome for this

Boff's aren't really a substitute for real people, not just because of the AI but they also have fewer powers and don't do as much damage as a player.

Sorry to hear about this Bob, I get annoyed when the optional fails but so far ot so much to quit an STF
Requesting reinforcements in an STF doesn't summon BOffs. It may allow people to queue for your instance;I can't say I know for sure if that works.