Lt. Commander
I was doing some STF's (space) and noticed that a lot of people are using antiproton weapons. So I'd like to know: is there any advantage on antiproton weapons against the borg? something like: borg vessels have resistance against every energy type, less the antiproton? Same thing to ground. Any advantage on using antiproton weapons?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
i cant remember 100% but compared to normal weapons the antiproton borg weapons have either a higher crit chance or criit damage. which ends up meaning more damage compared to the other anti-borg weaponry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
yeah, the default proc is +2% Critcal Chance +40 critical severity
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
But this applies to every enemy. Borg or not. And the other weapons has their advantage also (like phasers have 2.5% chance to disable a subsystem). My question was if there were something special on antiproton weapons that makes them better specifically against the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
No there is not. I use AP because of the crit chance. It does seam to make a difference on cannons when using rapid fire. Its just personal choose I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
i always wondered. the static borg bonus of 1000, does anyone know if that can eb increased by crits? if it can that would be a reason to go with AP as opposed to other borg weaponry,
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I've used antiprotons for quite a while... if your tac, you can get some extra oomph behind those crits and see some really big numbers with them.

They're not necessarily better than, say, phasers, but they're a bit more satisfying. Phaser procs aren't reliable, sometimes you'll get one and it's a game winner, sometimes you never see them, sometimes you get them but your torpedoes aren't ready and you can't capitalize, sometimes you don't even realize their weapons or engines were shut down, and in STFs a bunch of key targets don't have engines, weapons, or shields to even shut down. But you see crits all over, so you get that reassuring feel that your weapons type bonuses are working.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
i cant remember 100% but compared to normal weapons the antiproton borg weapons have either a higher crit chance or criit damage. which ends up meaning more damage compared to the other anti-borg weaponry.
AP weapons have a significantly higher crit severity % when compared to other types of weapons with the same "special" stats IE CrtD/CrtH/Acc