Lt. Commander
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions about the split or UI update please post them here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Will certainly do, been looking forward to this all week, patching 535mb now, and thank you Sir!

/Subscribed
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I may just be missing something but at a glance, you can't tell how many SP you have for each pool or how much you need to spend on each pool or how much SP you need to spend befoer the next tier of skills is available, perhaps thats not an issue for newer players but it is for players higher up the ranks that have to respend all their points or, should hell freeze over, we ever need to respec.

Also spent all my SP and can't click accept or reset.

I've only really been playing around with it, no extensive testing on my part but it seems to be a lot of trial and eroor and guesswork when figuring out where to spend your SP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Remoting into home to patch up Tribble right now, can't wait to check this out
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
i dont like the 75/25% thing. why? because i am not a super professional who has enough time to get the very best out of the ship and thats why i put everything to my ship. i dont like ground combat anyway, so for me, this patch only means, that my ship wont be as powerful as it is now and nothing else. thanks again for doing something wrong. this game is going to be more stressful than my reallife job. i think i paid hundrets of euro´s for cstore credits but i think sooner or later, i will quit playing this game. i still wonder who at cryptic has all those crazy ideas. improving game quality by restricting players... also a way to make some gamers mad.

alternative would be to increase skillpoints a lot but do not take anything from my space skill points !
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I seem to be running 1k short on points spent on either ground or space at any given try. Tried a couple different methods/patterns/expenditures but to no avail. Maybe I'm not standing properly or something.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebinu View Post
i dont like the 75/25% thing. why? because i am not a super professional who has enough time to get the very best out of the ship and thats why i put everything to my ship. i dont like ground combat anyway, so for me, this patch only means, that my ship wont be as powerful as it is now and nothing else. thanks again for doing something wrong. this game is going to be more stressful than my reallife job. i think i paid hundrets of euro´s for cstore credits but i think sooner or later, i will quit playing this game. i still wonder who at cryptic has all those crazy ideas. improving game quality by restricting players... also a way to make some gamers mad.

alternative would be to increase skillpoints a lot but do not take anything from my space skill points !
I agree, I don't like being forced to put points into something I don't care to optimize. I would rather put points in my ship. They could rebalanced it by making it where if people spend points in ground it unlocks the extra option of putting the +10 and +5 or vise versa for both trees. that way they can still have the new system and people can still can spend all their points in one tree without being overpowered with the addition of +10 and +5 skill parts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
this moaning about the split is getting old, its not the cool thing to do anymore. there should have been something like it at launch, well something more like this new skill tree at launch. seeing as a ton of space skills were eliminated and simplified, also taking away the points you would have spent on them results in a wash.

ground is actually kinda fun since the big update to it, it used to be sooo bad. now with your newly invested points your character on ground is even more powerful, so it should be at least bearable for the stanchest ground hatters to fight through it. fyi, about 95% of all actual Star Trek action takes place on 'ground maps' space battles were at a minimum, especially in the pre cgi days. if your a trek fan, ground should feel right at home, and not something that shouldn't be in the game.

also, your high tier buying power has increased, with pricing of skills and the diminishing returns after 3 and 6 points are invested. not to mention your captain can now train boffs after just 6 skills are invested, not all 9 like befor. major gravy there.

so get over it, its so much better now overall. everyone was 'nerfed' exactly the same, everyone 'suffered' the same 'loss' and everyone's still in the same boat.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
This is junk. I cant even come close to matching my space build that I have on Holodeck because of this stupid split. Get rid of the required ground skill points. I dont care if I'm effective on the ground or not... I avoid it like the damn plague. I cam to this game to fly a starship and blow up other starships, not to lead an away team and shoot things with phaser rifles. Please for the love of god get rid of the split and let us spend our points where ever we want.

The Good:
The UI is fantastic. I love it.

The Bad:
The split skils, and the required ground skills.

The Ugly:
The fact that this split was thought up at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
The UI is amazing, I feel like I know what I putting my points in.

Before it was alittle over whelming