Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Blog #25
12-22-2011, 11:25 AM
In the latest entry on The Path to F2P, Stephen explains the updates to levels and graphics that are now on Tribble.

Link to the Article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't really like the "Captain 44" idea... I don't think I have ever come across someone with a problem with distinguishing the ranks.

The downing of the levels is a good idea especially with this new rank naming.

Oh and I'm glad to see DX11 is back...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Hold the phone. My toon now has Captain X next to his name, rather than just Captain?! What if I as a VA just want the Captain title?!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Hold the phone. My toon now has Captain X next to his name, rather than just Captain?! What if I as a VA just want the Captain title?!
He's talking about the level display. Remember how it used to say Captain 4? Now it will say Captain 44. It has nothing to do with title/character display.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I would rather have the rank and level seperated. Something like "Rank: level" so that a captain rank 4 would be Captain: 34.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Really? If people didn't understand the ranking system then they don't know trek and have no business playing a star trek game
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
As a reminder, none of this is live on Holodeck at this time and is only present on the Tribble test server. We expect this build on Tribble to make its way to Holodeck sometime in the first half of January. Also, note that Cryptic will have minimal staff monitoring the forums during the week before the new year, so feedback may not be processed until the first week of January.
minimal staff but a short deadline for feedback. how is it possible?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4s4R View Post
minimal staff but a short deadline for feedback. how is it possible?
hate to say it, but this, is not a first, I've seen changes hit tribble and with less than a full day of reaction, they hit holodeck. The Sinking eye incident was one of them, This is just another case of it, me thinks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2011, 05:36 PM
< RANKS REVISED >
I'm honestly fine with this adjustment; it pretty much boils down to the K.i.S.S philosophy. Low priority wise, I agree with another poster: "more options" are always best, so a preference that toggles between [Rank Level] or [Rank Grade] should be feasible.

< DIRECTX 11 ENABLED >
^ This. The performance on the Macbook Pro 17 Bootcamp is so much better! Especially since you can reduce the resolution on weaker systems in fullscreen 'center' mode. Please, please please get this working by F2P! (The Devidian FX is much more noticeable!)

< BUGS >
Latest NVidia v285.62 on Windows 7 64-bit Macbook Pro 17"

>> There appears to be a glitch in the Troubleshooting pane that won't let you revert to Auto or DX9 once you select "Nvidia Geforce 9600m Gt #1 (direct3d 11 - Beta." Even after closing and reopening the program.

>> Alt-tab switching appears broken: Causes STO to reduce to a fixed-window attached to the upper-left corner; the fixed-window won't allow STO to go behind other programs or drop into the taskbar. Alt-switching back doesn't cause it to revert to fullscreen. [Note: Changing the resolution pops it back to fullscreen.]

>> Odd graphical pixelating issues in Alpha Trianguli Block of sector space.

>> Unrelated, but long-standing: Can y'all figure out what causes massive lag--jerky motion in the Defari system (space map), especially during space combat? Always been a problem in DX9 until graphic settings are major reduced; seems to be mostly lessened by DX11, but still there. I'm convinced it's backdrop, somehow: happens with similar backdrops in exploration.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethyr808
< RANKS REVISED >
>> Unrelated, but long-standing: Can y'all figure out what causes massive lag--jerky motion in the Defari system (space map), especially during space combat? Always been a problem in DX9 until graphic settings are major reduced; seems to be mostly lessened by DX11, but still there. I'm convinced it's backdrop, somehow: happens with similar backdrops in exploration.
I've been having similar trouble but it seems to pop up randomly 2-4 times per hour for a couple of minutes regardless of what zone I am in or whether it is ground or space.