Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 ROFL @ Pathetic PVP System
12-23-2011, 03:51 AM
So I log in with my klink character,

Wait around for over an hour for 7 other people to form to make a pvp game, get bored waiting.

See the red alert window pop up and click it, jump to borg invasion.

Unimatrix ship spawns twice, we lose the mission, exit to sector space.

Nearly 2 hours of my time utterly wasted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll like to know roughly how many people play Star Trek Online. Seems unreal that you have to spend the best part of an hour getting 8 people together to do PVP.

Can't you increase the rewards for PVP so more people participate, if more than half a dozen people play this game that is. We used to have PVP tokens we could spend on PVP gear. Now we just get a p^&s poor amount of xp.

Make PVP worth peoples while and more people might participate.

FIX THE BUGS!!! this game has been out 2 years nearly now. Please fix the bugs instead of spending time making new items for the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
So I log in with my klink character,

Wait around for over an hour for 7 other people to form to make a pvp game, get bored waiting.

See the red alert window pop up and click it, jump to borg invasion.

Unimatrix ship spawns twice, we lose the mission, exit to sector space.

Nearly 2 hours of my time utterly wasted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll like to know roughly how many people play Star Trek Online. Seems unreal that you have to spend the best part of an hour getting 8 people together to do PVP.

Can't you increase the rewards for PVP so more people participate, if more than half a dozen people play this game that is. We used to have PVP tokens we could spend on PVP gear. Now we just get a p^&s poor amount of xp.

Make PVP worth peoples while and more people might participate.

FIX THE BUGS!!! this game has been out 2 years nearly now. Please fix the bugs instead of spending time making new items for the c-store.
cryptic does not care for pvp.
no money there to be made.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
cryptic does not care for pvp.
no money there to be made.
I couldn't agree more
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-23-2011, 04:43 AM
According to Cryptic PWE wants to push PvP and Territory control. So in the future you may see more of it.

The problem is not the lack of people in the game. It is the lack of people who really feel like PvP'ing. Some do not want to because it does not appeal to them. Some to not want to because the rewards are lame. Some do not want to because there are too many bugs or balance issues... So you have a lot of folks who do not want to PvP and some of them will never be interested in it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
According to Cryptic PWE wants to push PvP and Territory control. So in the future you may see more of it.
'in the future' = vaporware.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
According to Cryptic, blah, blah, blah.
more words from cryptic yet no actions to back them up. talk is cheap, especially when dealing with this company.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
The problem is not the lack of people in the game. It is the lack of people who really feel like PvP'ing. Some do not want to because it does not appeal to them. [snip] So you have a lot of folks who do not want to PvP and some of them will never be interested in it.
That is EXACTLY the reason why you will never see me in a PVP queue.

Matt
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
According to Cryptic PWE wants to push PvP and Territory control. So in the future
Cryptic also wanted 2 balanced and equal factions in the game.... we all know how that went. Like I tell my kids, Intents are wonderful. ACTION speaks. Cryptic has YET to act on the intents they have stated in meaningful ways when it comes to PVP, and somewhat so toward the Klingons. Unless money is made from it I doubt it, i really do which is sad, but honestly the only thing I see is them trying to make money from every part of the game they can
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
The first failure (just my opinion) is when they added fricking carriers. I play pvp to pvp not to PvPE!


Now I am going to invest more time in lolground and stfs. FvF sucks too now due to fbp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
According to Cryptic PWE wants to push PvP and Territory control. So in the future you may see more of it.

The problem is not the lack of people in the game. It is the lack of people who really feel like PvP'ing. Some do not want to because it does not appeal to them. Some to not want to because the rewards are lame. Some do not want to because there are too many bugs or balance issues... So you have a lot of folks who do not want to PvP and some of them will never be interested in it.
The current PvP system is not very appealing. A lot more people would PvP if it were for territory control and people could just drop in to the battle and fight.

The current queue in order to fight in a meaningless instance is simply not that interesting to a lot of people.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.