Lt. Commander
# 1 New Skill System
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Nice 1 Cryptic you have managed, in my eyes, to take another little piece of enjoyment away from the game.

Here's my feedback, which you will probably ignore, delete and give me an warning for, because it isn't going to be positive.

Quote:
75%space - 25% ground.
What If I don't like doing ground missions, I might change the difficulty of ground missions to easy and simply run through them as fast as I can, not wanting to waste points in any of the skills.

Personally I find the ground missions boring, repetitive, time consuming, boring and did I say boring? There is usually to much rubbish to read for each mission, I want to play a game not read a book!

Quote:
Before season 5, there were 86 skills. Now there are 45.
Again utterly pointless in my eyes, you're just dumbing the skill structure down, so more idiots can play I suspect.

I don't see the reason for any of this, but wait, I read the following...
Quote:
This change is being made to help prevent players from putting all their points into space skills, and then not being effective on the ground (or vice versa). It also helps make PvP more accessible to casual players by leveling the skill point playing field -- players who split their skills because they play ground and space could not compete with a player who put all their points into space or ground alone.
Why does it matter to you or anyone else if I'm not effective on the ground, unless I'm forced to group with a bunch of monkeys to do ground missions. Here's a simple solution, tell those people to join a fleet and run their ground missions with people that are effective on the ground!!!

Makes PVP more accessible, you're having a giggle aren't you, the PVP in this game is bork and always has been, when you have to wait for an hour for 8 people to decide to PVP you know the game is going down the toilet. Here's a simple solution, make PVP more rewarding!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm completely at a loss as to what is going on in the Cryptic offices, I think most of you should be fired for what you're doing to the great name that is Star Trek.

I'm a lifetime subscriber, I gave you alot of money from the start so I could play this game without having to worry about monthly subscriptions and extra costs, now I find I have to buy certain items from the C-Store, just to be competitive and you fruit cakes keep changing the game to balance things out, you're utterly mental and so unprofessional. A lot of people should be writing to CBS and telling them what they think of your underhanded and shady business practice.

Free 2 Play - WHY ?
I'll tell you why, because people don't like the game and don't want to pay for it monthly. 2 years I've been playing on and off, 2 years and I see the same old bugs which have never been addressed, new missions with more new bugs which will never be addressed and loads and loads and (sigh) loads of items to buy in the C-Store.

Klingon don't even get a free ship when they get to Lieutenant General, they have to buy 1 with cryptic points, this either costs you more real money or takes all of the dilitium you have earned during characvter development and I mean all of it. 1200 Cryptic points for a T5 ship, 385 dilitium = 1 cryptic point on the exchange. Half a million dilitium for 1 ship, then you need more dilitium to kit it out, or you have to run utterly pointless STF missions over and over and over again in the hope that you'll drop, A, a nice piece of borg tech/salvage and B, you win the silly roll of the dice for it.

The text boxes are messed up, try entering a description for the fleet, you can't see the cursor, it takes you forever to write anything of merit. The chat box doesn't scroll, drives me up the wall that bug and they have both been here since release.

I believe you're changing skills to make it more balanced.
This could be done by giving us stuff FREE we should get in a game as standard.
This could be done by having multiple ways of getting items.

I believe you're going free play to get more people in the game.
This could be done by listening to feedback (not just the feedback from the gobby elite forum junkies) and thinking about making real changes that matter, like fixing bugs and not focusing on bleeding us for every penny we have.

As a lifer you have slapped me in the face with free 2 play, what do lifers get for the money they spent? for the faith they gave? for the loyalty they showed you? NOTHING!

Cryptic you don't keep the customers happy you already have, now you are offering the game with no subscription at all, of course as we all know you'll bleed people with the C-Store.

Conclusion
This game isn't about who puts the work in, who works for the skills they have or who works for the items they own, it's about grinding for a week to max your character out then spend spend spend in the C-Store to make it powerful.

I will be paying 49.99 for SWTOR in the new year, then I'll happily pay another 8.99 to play it and I'll keep sticking my nose in to STO every 6 months to see how much you have sunk...

1 hour wait for 8 people to PVP, there must be 10s of 1000s of people playing this game eh.... yeah right! more like 50 if that!

You're a greedy, shady bunch, I'll never ever buy any of your titles again, I'll never buy cryptic points ever again... You made a happy customer out of me...

Hope you like the feedback and I'm sure you'll ignore it, delete it and give me a warning about it... as per!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2011, 12:19 PM
And I'm sure in the true nature of the forums here at STO because I've said I'll be buying SWTOR people will be saying bye, get lost, can I have your stuff etc etc...

True gobby forum junkies like they are...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Or, unlike me... they could just ignore your rant and move on...

I'm a LTS'er also, so I'll be around till either the game dies or I do... (hopefully it'll be the former)...

I've decided to just play the game...,

...with an occasional rant of my own here, mostly about annoying bugs.

Anything else just gets my blood pressure up and I'm getting to the age where I don't want to aggravate that.

Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2011, 12:35 PM
It's good to have a rant, specially at christmas time when you can't shout at the kids or the wife and you can't use work as an excuse to just 'leave'
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
You realise there's an official thread for feedback on the skills system right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
You realise there's an official thread for feedback on the skills system right?
heh...

.. don't poop on his Rant Parade...

...'sides, I like ridin' on the Xams-Bandwagon. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
It's good to have a rant, specially at christmas time when you can't shout at the kids or the wife and you can't use work as an excuse to just 'leave'
Three Dogs, a Cat and a Significant Other that loves to annoy me...

(especially when She's wrapping Xmas Gifts).

I already got plenty of things to rant at... <chuckle>

(thank goodness for spell-check, three drinks (to start) and my typoing is for the birds) LoL

Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I actually don't mind the new skill set up on Tribble. I know the ground missions can be repetitive, but some of the community made ones are fantastic. I don't mind reading the text either, Star Trek has never being about running through and shooting everything. Take your time, enjoy the story and just go with it. I wish they would in fact bring more puzzles and story driven objectives to the missions instead of some of the generic "go here, kill mobs and collect stuff" which is the staple diet of MMO's. Think back to the Devidian mission "everything old is new again" you have to scan patients and put together data to help Dr McCoy treat the crew, I loved it and would like to see more of it.

Lastly, STO is far from perfect and to be quite honest if you were a LTS from launch you've already got a better deal than any of us will ever get. There are plenty of other choices out there to spend your gaming time. I'm not going to be as blunt as to say "if you dont like it leave" but perhaps you should consider something else if STO annoys you that much? I play the game to have fun, if your not getting any enjoyment out of it then try something else.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3822 View Post
I actually don't mind the new skill set up on Tribble. I know the ground missions can be repetitive, but some of the community made ones are fantastic. I don't mind reading the text either, Star Trek has never being about running through and shooting everything. Take your time, enjoy the story and just go with it. I wish they would in fact bring more puzzles and story driven objectives to the missions instead of some of the generic "go here, kill mobs and collect stuff" which is the staple diet of MMO's. Think back to the Devidian mission "everything old is new again" you have to scan patients and put together data to help Dr McCoy treat the crew, I loved it and would like to see more of it.

Lastly, STO is far from perfect and to be quite honest if you were a LTS from launch you've already got a better deal than any of us will ever get. There are plenty of other choices out there to spend your gaming time. I'm not going to be as blunt as to say "if you dont like it leave" but perhaps you should consider something else if STO annoys you that much? I play the game to have fun, if your not getting any enjoyment out of it then try something else.
I think I like yer 'bandwagon' a little better... you got any eggnog on yers??

(what can I say... I'm a fickle-troll when it comes to food & drinks) :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3822 View Post

From a gameplay perspective, I don't like ground combat and vastly prefer space combat. But ground itself is the better place to tell Trek stories.

But TOR seems to make ground more fun to play and even better in storytelling. Cryptic definitely has to learn from that. IN the mean-time, I'll enjoy TOR just as the OP (hopefully) will, and (possibly unlike the OP) will check out STO, especially when new additions and good changes like the skill split are implemented.