Lt. Commander
# 1 DOFF Questions
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
I have a few questions when it comes to DOFFS

1. How do you sell Doffs? I have seen a few on exchange, but how do you actually get them there?

2. Some Doff’s are part of my crew and others are not. If I want to slot one into active duty I get a popup asking if I want it to be a member of my crew – what does this mean? Is it similar to being a bound vs nonbound items?

3. I have no more room for Doffs (maxed out). Once I learn how to recycle them is there any kind of strategy as to which ones to get rid of? All whites and slowly work to only have blue and green Doffs?

4. The extra buffs the Doff’s give how do you invoke them? I sometimes see a little icon with a cool down, but they are not always there. Are these passive buffs?

I have read the Doffs for Doofess was a good read but did not specificaly answer the above questions.

thanks for any help
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Good afternoon. You would need to open your Doff Active Duty Roster and drag them into the exchange to sell them off.

My suggestion on dimissing them is to see how many of each kind you have and then see what traits they have. For example you have 8 advisors all have Founders of the Federation but only 2 have Logical, 1 has Efficient and the rest have Tctful. Dismiss the ones that are more common in this case 3 or 4 of the ones with Tactful. You get 10 DL and 75 Development XP per dismissal. Another option is to get the C-Store add on that gives you an extra 100 - I think this is a good investment especially if you like to DOff. Going all Green/Blue/Purple does take time and even then there are a few whites that have the right combination of abilites that are not found on the other colors.

DOff abilites are to the best of my knowledge all passive. You will know they worked when you get the extra phaser turret beamed in or the extra gravity well when activated.

I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Some of them come bound (I think the ones that you get to start). The special reward ones from Tribble testing are bound as well, I think. For the others, if you slot them into active duty, they become bound and cannot be sold on the exchange.

And I have a question. Do higher quality Doffs have higher proc rates when slotted into active duty? Or are they just better for running DOFF missions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
And I have a question. Do higher quality Doffs have higher proc rates when slotted into active duty? Or are they just better for running DOFF missions?
Higher proc rates or bigger effects, depending on the specialization.

For the OP's questions:

1. Open both the exchange and Doff window and drag them from the reserve roster (they have to be on reserve - being in the active roster, sickbay, or on assignment will lock them) to the sell window. If there's a little lock by their traits, they're bound and you can't sell them.

2. Nearly all doffs bind to you if you put them on active roster, but being "part of your crew" just means they're on the active roster - if you put one that's already bound there you'll get the same prompt.

3. To "recycle" them just hit the dismiss button on their dossier. As for strategy, go through one specialization at a time.
Security officers, technicians, and doctors/nurses taken together are worth having extras of, any other spec more than 2 you can afford to dismiss extras to make room.
If you're maxed in diplomacy, the use for chefs, bartenders, and entertainers is very low, and you don't really need more than one diplomat and advisor. A few rare assignments use them outside of diplomacy, but not many.

Always dismiss from the bottom up. If you have 5 biologists but 3 are blue, that's more worth keeping than 3 white deflector officers, because those blues can be used for all kinds of jobs just to bump your quality bonus up.

4. Doff effects are all passive. Most randomly occur when you use the powers they apply to - for example, if you have projectile weapons officers, every torpedo hit you score has a chance to lower the cooldowns on your torpedo launchers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
My question goes along the lines of selling DOFF's..

I see all kinds of uncommon, rare, and Very rare DOFF's on the exchange.

All of my DOFF's are bound

If i try to buy any of the doff's from the DOFF officer at SFA they are all bound on pickup.

Do any of the assignments reward Rare or Very Rare Doff's that can be sold??
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Standard recruitment gives unbound doffs, with a chance for rare, very rare, and ultra rare (purples, but with unique races and different roster powers than normal doffs of their specialization).

That's the general Federation Recruitment, that gives the inventory item you open for doffs, and the race and department specific ones, and also the C-store packs.

The El-Aurian from the temporal anomaly assignment is also sellable, but you can only get her once per character, so unless you're farming it with disposable alts she's not one you'd generally sell. Most other special recruitment assignments (colonial renown and defectors) are bound.