Lt. Commander
# 1 renaming my character.....bug?
01-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello,

I have a question.

I just purchased a token to rename my character, which I did. The only problem is t:hat when I checked my characters info----my new name is there, but right beneath it is the original name, which doesn't match up.

I searched through the forums, and found others with the same issue. Those posts were dated awhile back, so I am wondering if there has been a solution. There was not any mention of that in their posts.

I did submit a ticket, because I spent some c-bucks on the token, but it did not fully change my characters name. I regret now that I messed with the name and the mis-match doesn't effect gameplay, its just irratating to look at.

Thank you for listening....to my whining:-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Same thing happened to me several weeks ago. The response to my ticket was very much "working as intended," which I personally saw as somewhat bizarre, as I can't see how a name-change service that only really changes your name half-way is useful. I ended up deleting the alt and starting over in frustration. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
To the OP. The full name you are seeing is the full name fields which are fully editable at any time. Hit ''U to bringer up the paper dolls window, select your character -> Status tab -> Edit Record button on the bottom of the window. The Personnel Record window allows you change the First, Middle, Last names. set your tital and edit your Biography.

The name change token is your short name which is sort of a key field for that character. It's shows up everywhere in chat and other areas such as friends lists, ignore lists, etc. Cryptic doesn't want to you changin your short name as the drop of a hat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
To the OP. The full name you are seeing is the full name fields which are fully editable at any time. Hit ''U to bringer up the paper dolls window, select your character -> Status tab -> Edit Record button on the bottom of the window. The Personnel Record window allows you change the First, Middle, Last names. set your tital and edit your Biography.

The name change token is your short name which is sort of a key field for that character. It's shows up everywhere in chat and other areas such as friends lists, ignore lists, etc. Cryptic doesn't want to you changin your short name as the drop of a hat.
Can you change your race with a change name token? I'm guessing no, but I really wish I could. I've been wanting to do this for a while but I'd hate to have to start from scratch (although I probably will ).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Can you change your race with a change name token? I'm guessing no, but I really wish I could. I've been wanting to do this for a while but I'd hate to have to start from scratch (although I probably will ).
No. No race respec's exist yet. If you are talkinang about Alien as a race, no to that as well. But that's what the Biography section is for. You can detail your alien race's name and any other detail you want to add.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post

Yes, I tried that....

For some reason it costs 1500 to make the change. Hmm

thanks, though
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119 View Post
Yes, I tried that....

For some reason it costs 1500 to make the change. Hmm

thanks, though
I believe it is 1500 energy credits. Not C-points. It's like making a costume change. It costs EC.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Okay, I tried to edit my name via status tab and spending 1500 eu...

It wouldn't let me saying that the name already exists...which is correct because I'm using it.
The name just doesn't match up.

Any suggestions?