Lt. Commander
# 1 Consoles?
01-08-2012, 10:03 AM
For some time i have been experimenting with consoles and nothing seems to work properly except my tactical consoles.

So my question is WHAT WOULD BE A PROPER CONSOLE CONFIGURATION FOR A STAR CRUISER? (Avenger, Vanguard, Emmisary)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
That would depend on several things:

1 What you have equipped. Weapons, for example.
2 Your Bridge Officer Skills.
3 How much speed/maneuverability you want.
4 Your power settings.

If you care to post this information, I can help with advice to an extent, but it is you who must ultimately decide what you want.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I'd like to understand what trouble you are having with sci and engineering consoles.

But as to the question, there is no way to answer your question without knowing a lot more about your build, and what you want to get out of it. And even then there are many options and it will ultimately come down to personal choice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Well that's just it... i don't even know what to go for...

I am using tetryon weapons with chromaton torpedoes so i used the proper tactical consoles to boost tetryon damage, as for the science and engineering consoles im completely clueless...

I have the aegis set so the ship is quite tough but somehow i just can't get it right to get that edge i need.

As for my bridge officer skills:
Torpedo - high yield I
Cannon - rapid fire III
Emergency power to shields I
Emergency power to shields III
emergency power to structural II
eject warp plasma III
extend shields II
Science team I
Tachyon beam II
Deflector power transfer to shields II

And my own skills:
Rotate shield frequency III
Evasive manuevers III
Eps power transfer III
Brace for impact III
Miracle worker III
Fleet Support II
engineering fleet II

And my power levels are at standard settings:
WEP: 74
SHLD: 84
EGI: 74
AUX: 69

On missions - my shields keep dropping... and the aegis shield is supposed to be covarian [Cap]x2, on PvP i do very little damage and i cannot resist tractor beams despite the fact that i have full intertial dampening skill and when they finally get a shield down i get sniped on that empty shield with a single spread of torpedoes.

What do I do to make my ship stronger and better withstand enemy specials?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 09:33 AM
First things first. To resist Tractors, you need either Polarize Hull (Science) or Attack Pattern Omega (Tactical). For the shield panel problem, Tactical Team will put most of your shield energy where it is needed (On that one shield that's getting pounded).

Looks to me like you have a pretty solid setup for tanking already. I might suggest you get Beam - Fire At Will, and Beam - Overload. FAW will help to get the bad guys off of others, and onto you (And with as many shield boosts as you have, you should do alright). And overload does a fair amount of damage.

If you're interested in tanking...

Reverse Shield Polarity is another amazing skill that, when used properly, can regenerate ALL of your shields to 100%. Combine that with Feedback Pulse, and you're got a hell of a weapon.

Okay, so I suggest you obtain Ablative Hull Armor, and Tetraburnium Hull (Both Engineering consoles). They provide excellent damage resistance against all six damage types, and the two together provide double resistance to Plasma (Borg) and Tetryon damage.

Others will have more suggestions, I'm sure.

For engines, with a power level that high, the engines that are 'Efficient at High Power' will be most beneficial to you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Im afraid i cannot change my engines because it will break up my aegis set; those reactive shields are the only thing made the klingons curse their guts out! I think the aegis engine IS efficient at high power levels.

Getting phasers: fire at will would be unwise because im using mostly cannons and turrets and a single beam array for killing heavy torpedoes. Plus my tactical slots are highly limited, i can only hold 2 powers.

Ablative and tetraburnium is really an excelent idea! I'll also add 2 shield generators to give a 70% boost!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef View Post
Well that's just it... i don't even know what to go for...

I am using tetryon weapons with chromaton torpedoes so i used the proper tactical consoles to boost tetryon damage, as for the science and engineering consoles im completely clueless...

I have the aegis set so the ship is quite tough but somehow i just can't get it right to get that edge i need.

As for my bridge officer skills:
Torpedo - high yield I
Cannon - rapid fire III
Emergency power to shields I
Emergency power to shields III
emergency power to structural II
eject warp plasma III
extend shields II
Science team I
Tachyon beam II
Deflector power transfer to shields II

And my own skills:
Rotate shield frequency III
Evasive manuevers III
Eps power transfer III
Brace for impact III
Miracle worker III
Fleet Support II
engineering fleet II

And my power levels are at standard settings:
WEP: 74
SHLD: 84
EGI: 74
AUX: 69

On missions - my shields keep dropping... and the aegis shield is supposed to be covarian [Cap]x2, on PvP i do very little damage and i cannot resist tractor beams despite the fact that i have full intertial dampening skill and when they finally get a shield down i get sniped on that empty shield with a single spread of torpedoes.

What do I do to make my ship stronger and better withstand enemy specials?
Are you using cannons on a star cruiser? Not sure how you can get Canon Rapid Fire III on it. This is pretty much impossible on a cruiser.

You need to get:
  • Tactical team I as one of your tac BO abilities. This will reallocate your shield HP automatically.
  • Field Generator console (blue Mark XI). This increases your shield capacity.
  • Neutronium Alloy. All damage resistance.
  • Borg Console (obtained from the mission "Assimilated"). Put this in one of your science console slots.
  • For your other sci console, you need the one that gives +Shield emitter. Can't remember the exact name, but it looks like the old astrometrics console

For your remaining 2 engineering consoles, I would choose from the following:
  • Another neutronium alloy.
  • SIF Generator. (give +hull repair)
  • EPS flow regulator (increases energy transfer rate)
  • RCS Accelerator.(gives +turn rate)