So players suggest or name things to do once at max level.... hence end game. Figured it could work well for STO.
There's just not enough to do in STO once you reach VA beyond what's already been suggested. And none of that is particularly appealing. So in the spirit of remaining positive, I'll answer a different but similar question. "What have I done since reaching VA?"
- I quit for a very long time, because there's nothing fun left to do.
- I came back and played any missions that had been made since that time (there weren't many.)
- I came to the forums to see what the community was actively discussing.
- I discovered a lot of great ideas, all of which have essentially been ignored by Cryptic.
- I read a lot of criticism and disappointment, with very few "fanboys" left to defend against this.
- I posted my own thread on what I thought would help, knowing I wasn't the first.
- I was attacked for doing this by quite a few, while others agreed and contributed to the conversation.
- I stuck around this time and started a new character.
- I started playing all of the old missions again and I was reminded of why I left the first time.
- I learned we shouldn't have our expectations set very high for the next year (per D'Angelo's posts.)
- I've made a few "friends" who are fun to talk to.
- Beyond that, nothing. There's nothing fun to do when you hit VA. The game is over.