Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P at last
01-13-2012, 06:48 AM
I am so glad this game is finally going F2P. I wanted to play since release,but I wont pay for a sub month after month. It boggles my mind that some people have literally spent over 1000 hard-earned U.S. dollars on this game.(that would be nearly 2 extra house payments for me). I joined mid-september only because of the "F2P before the end of the year" announcement,and have allready cancelled my sub. Cryptic has made 60 bucks off of me,and that is all they are gonna get.I mean,its a cool game,but not THAT cool. on another note,i have seen many eliteist posts calling new F2P'ers "freeloaders" and worse. To those individuals I say "sorry about your luck,scooter...buckle up for the Invasion of the Freeloaders...dont like it?..go play TOR".
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I spent $290 and have been playing whenever I want for however long I want - and will continue to do so for the life of the game.

I will say welcome back to you, even though your post seems to be a little antagonistic: complaining about sub-fees, how much money Cryptic made, and other posters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm glad you're playing. I've been paying month-month and still am paying @ $15. It's not expensive if you think about the amount of entertainment you get out of something you (at least I) really enjoy. I play other F2P games and won't pay their subs only because I just am not that into it as I am with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 07:06 AM
F2P was a smart move. I had a monthly sub before, canceled, but am back playing for free but have already made some C-store purchases. That's money the developers wouldn't have had if it weren't for letting people play free.

I may activate my monthly sub again just for access to the Foundry..
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
F2P was a smart move. I had a monthly sub before, canceled, but am back playing for free but have already made some C-store purchases. That's money the developers wouldn't have had if it weren't for letting people play free.

I may activate my monthly sub again just for access to the Foundry..
Silvers get access to the Foundry. It was a bug keeping them out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
No access to tribble, though, right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Sorry, I meant access to create content in Foundry. I can access the missions people have made but I'd like to make my own.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 06:55 AM
You forgot to put on your flame suit because your post is just asking for the flamers to come after you.

BTW...I have been with the game is launch and even purchased a LTS after a year of subbing and I do not consider a waste of money. I invested in a game that I like and wanted it to be better. If you wanted to see a game made better, then you support it by your monthly sub (or LTS purchase) and by buying C-Points. That is the reason some people don't like the change to F2P cause they feel that their investment was for no reason and that nothing will be made for the game now.

I personally support the change over to F2P, but I do believe that their should be more incentive to buy a gold account. But that is a discussion for another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 06:56 AM
This might get locked under the no "I Quit" rule. Although saying you are just going to play for free might be the loophole in that.

On a side note this post made me laugh. APPROVED.

And I cancelled my sub but it's still live for another week. I wanted to get some things done on my account before F2P hits and I can't grab it except paying real money in the store.

And telling people to play TOR was a nice touch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfury222 View Post
I am so glad this game is finally going F2P. I wanted to play since release,but I wont pay for a sub month after month. It boggles my mind that some people have literally spent over 1000 hard-earned U.S. dollars on this game.(that would be nearly 2 extra house payments for me). I joined mid-september only because of the "F2P before the end of the year" announcement,and have allready cancelled my sub. Cryptic has made 60 bucks off of me,and that is all they are gonna get.I mean,its a cool game,but not THAT cool. on another note,i have seen many eliteist posts calling new F2P'ers "freeloaders" and worse. To those individuals I say "sorry about your luck,scooter...buckle up for the Invasion of the Freeloaders...dont like it?..go play TOR".
What??? Boggles your mind that people can spend their own hard earned cash on what they want to? Or boggles your mind that you have to pay for anything at all? I mean we would hate to have to pay for something that someone worked hard on for our entertainment. How about your customers, or clients or whatever don't pay you for your work? (if you work that is). I understand if you don't want to pay for something you don't like - and that is fine, don't. But you my friend sound like your next complaint will be that people are paying to win and that would be unfair to those who dont want to pay...

Anyways, I came back because of the F2P mainly to check out the changes. And I have to say I like what I see. I like the micro transaction system and probably will be buying some C Store credits as I progress again (deleted my old toons and started over).