Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Honestly, I fired up the client this morning and it was just pure crackling noising coming from my speakers from the game. I not sure how but the new patch has made this worse.

I've found turning off "digital signal processing" has helped. But I wouldn't mind this feature back.

(helped, not eliminated). Yes I use a SB0090 Audigy 1. But I haven't encountered this problem in ANY OTHER GAME/PROGRAM. Also my soundcard and surround system have a digital connection (3x SPDIF) so it's not a cabling issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
The crackling audio is very bad. It goes away for a bit if you restart the client. After an hour or so of gameplay you can hear it again (ded, ded, ded, and on and on...). Sounds like some is testing the speakers with a AA battery on and off. Oh yeah it comes back immediately if you switch between Game Client and Web browser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes something definatley happened with sounds in this patch. I have lost ALL game sound since patch.
Hope they fix it soon, playing in silence is drivin me nuts..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotlh
Yes something definatley happened with sounds in this patch. I have lost ALL game sound since patch.
Hope they fix it soon, playing in silence is drivin me nuts..
Check to make sure Windows in the mixer didn't mute the client. Had a few other fleet members that had this issue and that's what the problem was. Again its the Windows mixer, not the volume settings in game that needs to be checked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
Check to make sure Windows in the mixer didn't mute the client. Had a few other fleet members that had this issue and that's what the problem was. Again its the Windows mixer, not the volume settings in game that needs to be checked.
Thanks for the tip, i went through and checked it all. Everything is set correctley. Sound works great in every other game, and windows itself. For some reason, i just have no sound in STO..no sound of any kind.
either the patch did it, (because before patch it worked just fine) or there is some hotkey mix that mutes all sound from game that i may have hit. Are you aware of any hotkeys to mute sound? thanks..
Sincerely, a very confused frustrasted person.

PS..do you think Cryptic would mind making the entire game black and white for me? Afterall, im playing a silent movie...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotlh
Thanks for the tip, i went through and checked it all. Everything is set correctley. Sound works great in every other game, and windows itself. For some reason, i just have no sound in STO..no sound of any kind.
either the patch did it, (because before patch it worked just fine) or there is some hotkey mix that mutes all sound from game that i may have hit. Are you aware of any hotkeys to mute sound? thanks..
Sincerely, a very confused frustrasted person.

PS..do you think Cryptic would mind making the entire game black and white for me? Afterall, im playing a silent movie...
You probably already know it, but I just have to say for the sake of tech issues, was the game running when you checked the windows mixer? Each program now has its own volume control, but it has to be running for you to see it in the mixer. If STO is running and you open the mixer, make sure the speaker at the bottom doesn't have a slash through it. You can get to the mixer by right clicking your speaker in your taskbar down by the clock. If your task bar icons are hidden, you will have to click the small triangle next to the clock to get them to show.

Let me know what you find out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.