Lt. Commander
Silver Players can now increase their maximum Energy Credit limit from 10 million to 1 billion! The Energy Credit Cap Increase is available now in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh well. I guess the airlines do a la carte pricing too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
God I feel like this game is turning into a Dairy Farm, we're the cows and cryptic is the farmers.....tug - squirt.. .tug - squirt.. tug - squirt
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
God I feel like this game is turning into a Dairy Farm, we're the cows and cryptic is the farmers.....tug - squirt.. .tug - squirt.. tug - squirt
This..... This is exactly how the new STO feels to me, especially in regards to the C-store. This officially makes Paying for an account completely useless as any benefit subs have can easily be achieved by c-store purchases. Throw the c-store enough money and you're better off than the base line gold member. $15 a month for the life of the game as a gold member isn't quite the same as $15 a month to the c-store for a few months for gold member equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Yet another way to increase revenue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet_Admiral_Joy
Yet another way to increase revenue.
Given that they've gone F2P...what would you EXPECT them to do? Find ways to DECREASE revenue?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
400CP seems to be the minimum magic number now. Encouraging this item as part of ala carte as opposed to encouraging Silver player's to go Gold is an interesting choice. I don't know that it was right or wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 07:21 PM
To be fair, 400 CP for ACCOUNT WIDE increase of EC is ridiculously low... we pay tons more for extra DOff slots, and thats a per character unlock.

Would have been better if it was something like 400 CP for 100mil increase or something, 5 times to 510mil, per character... that way at least gold will mean something, the EC limit was the one decent advantage over silver imo, not anymore
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
400CP seems to be the minimum magic number now. Encouraging this item as part of ala carte as opposed to encouraging Silver player's to go Gold is an interesting choice. I don't know that it was right or wrong.
It actually makes sense as a way to maximize Cryptic's profits.

The players who are dedicated will see the value in a lifetime subscription in terms of unlocking all these little things over a large number of characters for a onetime (or monthly) fee.

The players who are casual will see the value in playing for free and unlocking things one at a time when they feel it is justified.

It gives the dedicated players a way to spend large sums of cash upfront and never have to spend another dime so they do not feel nickled-and-dimed to death.

Ig gives the casual players the ability to feel like they do not have to make a financial commitment to enjoy the game. They can just pay for something when they want it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Yet again, another perfect example of devaluing their whole gold subscription model. I guess this influx of new players expected was well below expected targets.