Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi,
Do you think STO need a 'central-hub' for players to send their videos to? Read my ideas, submit your own, and vote here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 03:08 AM
I think in principle its a good idea. To know that all podcasts, trailers, videos and what not are in one place, however everybody needs to use it and everybody needs to know what it is to make it work.

this might be better off something brandon handles and puts on the official site as he is often the centre point of most of the media and can collect it in a place that people come to already. we already have screenshot and official video section, so a fan section would do nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Good idea but I can't see it working.

Do you have any idea of the administration and gripe you would get from players? The trek community have a lot of childmen that will give you hell for every tiny little discrepancy. You will attract so many addicts and deluded players who surf the videos for a long time just to find faults then criticism them that it would be a full time job.

If foundry missions are updated/changed or even removed and the video still exists. You will suffer.

If a foundry mission had a video but the video is removed, people will rate the foundry mission negative and not play it.