Lt. Commander
# 1 Romulan Zoo
01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
This is a no level Federation mission that allows you to let your kids play STO without fear. A simple walled in area filled with trees and wandering animals, let your young children play in the world of STO without the dangers of an MMO. Let them wander the park or run across the swing bridge and up the hill and read poems with a Romulan Storyteller! When ever you are done, just talk to the Klingon pet to end the mission.

My little girl loves this place and I hope your children will to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 07:56 PM
You sir, are a King.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I hope to add more to it in the future when I have time. I added some more trees and ambiance. A few Romulan spires and a sculpture was added for effect as well. The Klingon now gripes about being made a zoo exhibit. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
This is a brilliant idea. Awesome Sauce.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Okay, I added a Romulan storyteller up on the hill. She'll read a few space-themed poems I found. I only wish I could do cutscenes.

I also added a swing bridge because no play area is complete without a swing bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Where is the entrance for this mission? I know it's in Starfleet Academy but where, exactly?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok. I posted Version 1.1.1. It changes the entrance door to be on ESD next to Quinn's office. That should make it easier to find.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Wow! I'm amazed with the amount of positive feedback I have gotten for what is effectively a playground. I'll continue to spruce it up with more poems and try to add targs in the near future.

Again, thanks for your support.

Bob

Edit: I added Targs. :p

Oh, and someone mentioned how the music didn't fit. As far as I am aware, we cannot edit it. So it is out of my control.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I wish I could thank every single one of you for your support individually. I never thought that when I created a zoo for my little girl to play in that it would go on and become one of the most played maps I ever made. I am truly humbled.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Okay, this keeps coming up so I'll go ahead and say this. I have no control over the grass or the music. This mission is so simple to put together, it hurts. I have looked at the handful of elements in the mission I have control over and everything is working fine and where they should be.

In other words, if it looks like a design flaw or a bug it is some thing beyond my control. The grass floating a foot in the air was their before I touched the map.

Otherwise, thank you all for the continued support.

And mods, I'm sorry if this thread is a little on the necro side. I didn't feel the needs to create a new thread when this one was only on page three.