Lt. Commander
# 1 Dominion Wars Galaxy
01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I was watching DS9 and thinking about how weak in game the Galaxy Class is combat wise 1 lt tactical station. During the Dominion War from what we saw from fleet battles (season 5 onwards) not a single Galaxy Class was destroyed and they were the only other Federation ship onscreen shown to make a kill Defiant being the other one
The Captain Level Galaxy should have been the explorer/engineer ship and how the current retro fit is and the Retro should have been a Battleship with this lay out

4 fore and aft weapon slots
4 engineer consoles
3 science
3 Tactical

Boff
either
2 x lt tactical or 1 x lt commander Tactical
1x commander engineer
1 x lt command engineer
1 x lt science

drop the ensign engineer slot.

Or better yet keep the same configuration but still drop the ensign engineer slot and go this way

1 x lt tactical
1 x commander engineer
1 x lt commander universal slot (can be used for engineer/tactical or science)
1 x lt commander science giving the ensign engineer to science

Whats peoples thoughts i want a Galaxy not a Galaxy-x that is not a liability in PvE Elite runs.

The Galaxy was a beast during the Dominion War forget the Oddessey that was pre-war tensions
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Let me geuss... You fly a galaxy?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Actually I fly either a defiant/sovereign/nebula/Prometheus/excelsior/galaxy x or a galaxy depending on my fancy. However I would love to fly the galaxy as my primary ship but she isn't tough enough tactically to stand up in pve with the other ships mentioned for my fighting style. The nebula out tanks the galaxy
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Thing is, using your changes, the Galaxy would become a good tad stronger than it is currently, and as such would offset balance... PvE it dosen't matter much, and I would like to see the "strong ships become strong" again, but we have to think of the poor PvP'ers... They get so little already.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I know but I want a strong galaxy. Galaxy-x is ok but i don't like the skin
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
I know but I want a strong galaxy. Galaxy-x is ok but i don't like the skin
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

i love the Galaxy X, and when i get it borged up and geared....well.....much messiness will happen soon after

i mean it has three nacelles THREE OF EM!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
I was watching DS9 and thinking about how weak in game the Galaxy Class is combat wise 1 lt tactical station. During the Dominion War from what we saw from fleet battles (season 5 onwards) not a single Galaxy Class was destroyed and they were the only other Federation ship onscreen shown to make a kill Defiant being the other one
The Captain Level Galaxy should have been the explorer/engineer ship and how the current retro fit is and the Retro should have been a Battleship with this lay out

4 fore and aft weapon slots
4 engineer consoles
3 science
3 Tactical

Boff
either
2 x lt tactical or 1 x lt commander Tactical
1x commander engineer
1 x lt command engineer
1 x lt science

drop the ensign engineer slot.

Or better yet keep the same configuration but still drop the ensign engineer slot and go this way

1 x lt tactical
1 x commander engineer
1 x lt commander universal slot (can be used for engineer/tactical or science)
1 x lt commander science giving the ensign engineer to science

Whats peoples thoughts i want a Galaxy not a Galaxy-x that is not a liability in PvE Elite runs.

The Galaxy was a beast during the Dominion War forget the Oddessey that was pre-war tensions
100% agree, the galaxys turn rate makes it one of the most unhandy ships in the game, so giving it a bit more teeth or flexibilty would be a step into the right direction.
In STO the Galaxy is just a big flying target, giving it a universal Lt. Cmdr Station would place her in between the Assault Cruiser and the Star Cruiser (where the Galaxy class should be).

Btw. For me, the Odysseys Captain always was the best representative examaple of a incompetent Starfleet Captain. This fool never should have been given command of a ship.
(On the other hand, the dominion would have never looked like a threat if the Odyssey would have torn the jem Haddar ships into pieces. )

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I feel like the Galaxy was made to be exploration vessel. Not a warship. Mainly during the dominion war it was seen acting as tank. They take lots of damage, but have high powered weapons(mk X). I like the way they have the galaxy implemented now, but you raise a good point that during operation return it seem like they amped up the power.

I feel like they should have combat focused varrent, as they do in the dreadnought. But in that case I do agree its underpowered and needs Lt com tac slots and one more tac console. Afterall THIS IS THE WARSHIP REFIT. Not the one with little kids running around.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Guys, stop argiung about which ship is better. Stop it. STOP IT.

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Guys, stop argiung about which ship is better. Stop it. STOP IT.

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT.
^^^ This. Myself included in that statement.