Lt. Commander
Cause I am not too happy about that one.

Leveling my alts, and I noticed that leveling up to Lt Commander is 50%+ slower. Pre-F2P launch, I had to do up to the 3rd mission to be Lt. 6 now Lt. 5. But now I have to do AT LEAST 4 to 5 of the storyline missions to get to the same point. That is time spending grinding through missions I would rather not have to, so I could be prepared for events like Q Winter Wonderland and the upcoming 2 Year Anniversary event.

Does anyone know what the minimum requirement will be for Klingons? I need to make a new one that is a Borg, and I want to know how much I need to grind for that alt.

I would like to thank Cryptic though for letting us know well in advance what the event level requirements are, instead of just springing it on us during the event like they did with the Winter event.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Cause I am not too happy about that one.

Leveling my alts, and I noticed that leveling up to Lt Commander is 50%+ slower. Pre-F2P launch, I had to do up to the 3rd mission to be Lt. 6 now Lt. 5. But now I have to do AT LEAST 4 to 5 of the storyline missions to get to the same point. That is time spending grinding through missions I would rather not have to, so I could be prepared for events like Q Winter Wonderland and the upcoming 2 Year Anniversary event.

Does anyone know what the minimum requirement will be for Klingons? I need to make a new one that is a Borg, and I want to know how much I need to grind for that alt.

I would like to thank Cryptic though for letting us know well in advance what the event level requirements are, instead of just springing it on us during the event like they did with the Winter event.
If the minimum fed level is 5 I imagine the KDF level will be similar. We start at I believe 20 now KDF side so that'd be 25 in that event.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Am I reading this right? You're upset because they've slowed down how long it takes to level?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
They've said that was their intention.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Slowed down leveling? I made level 30 in 17 hours and 6 minutes doing nothing but the pve missions and the occasional exploration series to earn dilithium. I'll be at 50 somewhere around 35 played hours. That's half the time, if not less, of any other MMO I've ever played. Leveling has been sped up not slowed down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Slowed leveling????

My Engineer is level 41 and I just finished the Klingon story line missions and am 2 missions into the Romulan set.

Sorry but they sped up level way to fast and it needs to be slowed back down a bit.You do not have enough time to even enjoy the ships you get at each rank because as soon as you have it your getting the next one shortly there after.
Not to mention it makes purchasing the ships from the C-Store pointless as why spend money on something you will be getting rid of an hour or so after getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the responses,but I don't think many of you read my initial comment fully.

If you made a character during the Winter event, that was an Engisgn and went to the Q event, you were told you could not do race until Lt 6. For some people that was an annoyance cause it meant a bit of quick grinding. That equated to doing the Azura, Vulcan and maybe the Lackney missions. At the end of those missions you were level 5 or beginning of 6 in the old system. Now if you do the same missions with a new character, you will at best be level 3.5.

I have not leveled up these new alts up to 11 or 30 for Captain rank as I do take the time to read the mission content and do the side mission and anomoly searches, but I have to cut those out because getting to Lt 7(old Lt 8) for Doff missions is taking too long.

So yes, my experience and I am sure the experience for other casual, non-MMO expert players is that each mission means you may7 or may not gain the level to do the next mission. Where before eavch mission meant you gained the level needed to do the next 2 to 3 missions. That's a BIG change and a slowdown in my book.

I do see why its done to ensure players spend more time with certain levels to make C-store purchases more viable and to temporarily keep players away from Klingon unlock. I just feel that the leveling slowdown was too extreme as it keeps me from leveling up alts for events quickly if only play 2 to 3 hours a day, and find most enjoyment these days from Doff system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
If you made a character during the Winter event, that was an Engisgn and went to the Q event, you were told you could not do race until Lt 6. For some people that was an annoyance cause it meant a bit of quick grinding. That equated to doing the Azura, Vulcan and maybe the Lackney missions. At the end of those missions you were level 5 or beginning of 6 in the old system. Now if you do the same missions with a new character, you will at best be level 3.5.
During the winter event, I think you were able to get a XP boost from Q. That might be why levelling was faster.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Nope.No xp boost was applied during that event. At least none i went to get on my alt accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Any 'STO oldtimer' - remeber that some of the Vet rewards are EXP boosts that Silvers will not have.