Lt. Commander
# 1 Constantly being disconnected
01-27-2012, 06:19 AM
What is wrong now? I'm playing STO and am constantly being disconnected from server. The times are random. Could happen as soon as I finish loading my character in or 10 minutes later. Geez cryptic I thought ya fixed this issue. It's really starting to tick me off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I had this problem for a while but havent since I change an Option in the Launcher. Switch the proxy to US (if you are in the US) or EU (if you are in Europe). Close the launcher and reload it, Login and everything should be fine.

This fixed my problem when going from Space to Ground and Ground to Space. Any time I had a load screen I got Server Not Responding. It might not fix your problem but it is worth a shot as it fixed mine and others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Yesterday was everthing fine, till maintaince, and after it was unplayable.
Today login in , write some words, look other talking fighting flying around , BUT then i can do nothing anymore, and i get a disconnect.

So why the hell can i see this , it means i get data from server till i get disconnected.... i dont want trace again, cause my isp say i have no issues. And like i said, no other game i play have this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 07:51 AM
To many shutdowns for "Maintenance" !
This isnt tipically for PWE game
wondering if STO here is really a official game not a private server OR if the server is not old or outdated and now cant handle massive players online ?
PWE shouls do something and get a maintenance or updates only every week IF PWE really cares to manage this game or they only collect the monthly fee now from Cryptic ?
Stop with so many shutdowns
Its SATURDAY ! ppl have some free time available to play !
players might become dissapointed and wont spend a penny into game or moving to another MMO more stable , perhaps a real PWE game

Buy or get a new server from PWE if your is old or solve the engine bugs if you shutdown the server often to "FIX" those bugs.
Like someone said http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...20#post3975520 ,

Welcome to Star Trek Offline !
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks guys. It was happening to me when I was just sitting there in space or on the ground actually. I could be managing my bofs or be fighting or just simply away from the keyboard to go to the bathroom and suddenly a disconnect. Cleared up after an hour or so. Haven't had the issue since.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
As I've pointed out to the folks complaining about the timing of them, Cryptic is working on getting to where they don't have to do daily maintenance. This certianly wasn't the case before F2P, and it's been getting better of late.

But before you complain about it, consider the alternative - namely, the server going crazy and shutting down/crashing entirely, causing God-knows-what sort of damage and chaos. Or it could be worse: when DC Universe Online went F2P, the entire game was unplayable, period, for about a month or better.