Lt. Commander
I was one of those folks who pre-ordered 4 different versions of the game to get all the special rewards and whatnot, played the first couple months of release, then never logged in again. With the game's switch to f2p, I've come back to give it another shot, but I find myself getting steamrolled on a lot of away missions. I know some of the problem is probably rust/operator malfunction, but I still get the feeling that my away team members could probably synergize a bit better.

Away comp:
Me (Rear Adm 4 Sci with physicist kit & dual Mk IX exploit phaser rifles)
Sci (mostly healing abilities with Mk IX expose rifle)
Eng (Borg BOFF with shield generator, mortars and Mk IX expose)
2x Tac (grenades, suppressing fire and Ambush, one with an exploit rifle, the other with expose)

I don't remember ever having much trouble on away missions before I left, but it seems like I'm just getting steamrolled by a lot of the larger packs on the away missions I'm getting since I've come back.

I recently picked up a Superior Creativity betazoid sci officer to be a dedicated healer so hopefully that'll help a little. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Ground combat is much faster since they added the Shooter Mode. It's important to make sure you Shields and Armor are up to date. It's also very important to make sure you move away from Grenades - as their damage potential has been increased. There are some mobs that will lob 2 or 3 grenades into your team and those things make quick work of you. But even with all that I haven't found ground combat to be all that much different.

Are you trying to run on Advanced or Elite? If you are it might be better to turn it back for a bit until you get the hang of things again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
IDK. Your set up doesn't look all that bad, at least not bad enough that I would expect you to be steam rolled. You could try upgrading to mark X on your weapons. The other thing to consider is how are your personal shields/armor? What are your BOFFs wearing, and are they up to snuff?

I think the only thing I would change would be to add phaser turrets to your engineer, and switch out shield generator to a medical generator. Or add drones.

Here's a good thread to read:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224505
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I'd suggest dropping one or both Tac officers in favor of engineers with turrets. Assign an Armory DOff to ground support and you can really get the automated pew-pew thing going.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I've heard of people running full engi away teams but the concept always seemed a little off to me. I may give it a go though to see how it works.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
I've heard of people running full engi away teams but the concept always seemed a little off to me. I may give it a go though to see how it works.
i'd on;ly recommend the fully engi away team if your a healing specc sci.... you should always have one healer sci with you, specifically one that can remove debuffs and has several heals, those engi medi-gens dont work well and are the first targets to be taken out in combat.

remember, shields only stop ranged weaponry, so an all engy away team is screwed when you run into dahar masters and swordmasters and the melee oriented npcs since they bypass shields.