Lt. Commander
# 1 More custom ship interiors!
01-28-2012, 08:19 AM
I mentioned this in another thread but I figured I might mention it here in the C-Store forum in case developers read this.

I like being able to customize my ship's bridge, but I'd also like to customize other key areas of my ships like engineering (particularly the warpcore), the crew lounge/mess, the transporter room, sickbay, and even the color of the hallways.

I'd pay for those custom options the same way I pay for bridge options.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
To reinforce your idea...

Perhaps there should be some quests / missions that take place inside the player's ship, with persistant storage and other stuff too. That would justify having a custom interior for functionality and aesthetics, not just for the rare bridge visitor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 12:48 AM
There's a few diplomatic missions that take place in your ship's observation lounge - since the graphics already exist, it'd be nice if that was an interior you could visit from the bridge too. And maybe it could be another place you could place trophies?

(While we're at it, it'd be nice if buying C-Store ships unlocked more gold trophy ship models - it always bugs me that I can't hang up trophies of every ship I've commanded...)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thofeleven View Post
(While we're at it, it'd be nice if buying C-Store ships unlocked more gold trophy ship models - it always bugs me that I can't hang up trophies of every ship I've commanded...)
Agreed. Plus, I'd like to eventually see a gold trophy kitbash editor. If your starter ship, for example, was like mine - the hull of a ShiKahr, the rollbar and nacelles of a Miranda, and the pylons of a Centaur - wouldn't you like to see it instead of the regular ol' Miranda?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 06:29 AM
These demands are as old the game itself.

As part of the coming featured episodes series the original Defiant-interiors will be released for the C-store. Further canon-interior packs are already announced (Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid). Hopefully they'll come soon, as the current random, auto-generated interiors (excluding the TOS-package) are ugly as hell, oversized, and just absolutely illogical.

As for the functionality of the interiors: A functional bridge, sickbay, shuttle bay etc. have all been said to "be on Cryptic's radar"..

As for customizable interiors: As part of the upcoming major updates and expansion of the foundry (season 6), fully customizable ship interiors, especially your ready room, are also envisioned.
However: I wonder how much they will limit these foundry features, since nobody will actually buy the original Defiant-interiors anymore, if anyone could rebuilt them in the Foundry...

As for questing on your ship: This is a major part of Star Trek, if not THE driving force of most Trek-episodes... However, scripted, story-driven or character-evolving quests, or even combat quests in your own, customizable ship interiors will be tricky to implement... the observation lounge used for a couple of quests so far is standardized, i.e., it's the SAME for everyone, and of course, it's an instance of its own and has nothing to do with your own ship for that matter...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Would LOVE a NX class interior (NX-01 and NX-02 variants)!