Lt. Commander
# 1 Patching Stall and Failure
01-28-2012, 11:00 AM
So as STO is now F2P, I figured I'd give it a shot. However, I cannot even play the game. When I open the launcher, the patch begins and then stalls at random times. I've gotten a maximum of 80% before stall and then a reload of the launchers causes the patch to stall at 2-4% each time. There is no error message, the patch just stops taking in data. I know it is not a firewall problem as I have opened the ports required. Any helpful thoughts would be much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
I was having similar issues, and the game kept crashing, now when I try to re-download/install it says I cannot access their servers:

'Your system is currently not allowing access to our servers" even though I have was playing the game before, and havn't changed anything. Firewall says its accepting Pandonetworks. WTF.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSelva
So as STO is now F2P, I figured I'd give it a shot. However, I cannot even play the game. When I open the launcher, the patch begins and then stalls at random times. I've gotten a maximum of 80% before stall and then a reload of the launchers causes the patch to stall at 2-4% each time. There is no error message, the patch just stops taking in data. I know it is not a firewall problem as I have opened the ports required. Any helpful thoughts would be much appreciated.