Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Gifts
01-29-2012, 03:40 AM
So, my wife is thinking about playing STO on a Silver Account after seeing me play the game for a while now. I may have asked her once or twice if she want's to play. Ok, maybe more than once or twice. Maybe seven or eight times. Round about that I think. Roughly.

Ok, I bugged the crap out of her since the 17th and she finally gave in and enjoyed it, so what. It's not like I forced her!

Anyway, all that aside, she was dissapointed to find out that she couldn't be a Klingon Starfleet Officer without paying to unlock it. It was only a minor bug for her as she quickly settled on Betazoid, but she loves the Klingon way and I know, given the chance, she would start as a Klingon.

My question is, I have the spare C store points. I have nothing I need to buy yet and because I am on a gold account, I will have more than enough points coming in. If I have to pay for the points on her account, that's fine too, but:

Is there any way I can use the points on my account to buy her the Klingon Officer option? As a gift perhaps? Even if I could send her the points, I would be ok with that.

Any help is appretiated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 03:51 AM
sadly no. you cant gift your points to somebody or gift that particular unlock. the only way i see if that you buy your wife some point on her account.

She probably could make an alien and then use the alien head pieces to make a klingon. It wont say its a klingon but it should look like one, and its totally free.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 04:16 AM
NoHopeForSome, earn up some dilithium on your wife's account, then post it on the dilithium exchange exchange for some high amount that no one would probably buy.

then log into your account and buy out that dilithium order with C-points, and there you are able to transfer your C-points to her.

you will have to play with the system, but you can get it to basically act a transfer system for your wife.

on a side note though, i don't know why cryptic wouldn't put in a gift system, but then that runs the risk of people using their stipend to gift silvers just like your proposing, and they want your wife to pay, just like you did.

-
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 04:33 AM
There's this gift idea...
http://www.startrekonline.com/crypticpointscards but it's a new purchase rather than gifting someone some of your existing cstore points, other than that your other half will have to go farming for dilithium and then exchange that refined dilithium for cstore points, as suggested above.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 05:32 AM
My opinion is, get her up to the point where you can do Ker'rat, fly with her to protect her from the invading klingons, and just farm te dilithium, about an hour or two of that and you should have the dilithium needed to get the amount you want. Then you just wait the needed days to refine it all and boom, insta klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Mayfair
There's this gift idea...
http://www.startrekonline.com/crypticpointscards but it's a new purchase rather than gifting someone some of your existing cstore points, other than that your other half will have to go farming for dilithium and then exchange that refined dilithium for cstore points, as suggested above.
Correct. You can purchase a Virtual C-Point Code which gives you a code. She can them redeem that code and get the C-Points.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Correct. You can purchase a Virtual C-Point Code which gives you a code. She can them redeem that code and get the C-Points.
Which is different than his wife just purchasing cpoints on her account how? :p